Wedding Bells

To all of the people before us we just seem like two people who aren't meant for each other. They came though to put on a pretty face and say we support you even though they're really saying what are you doing with your life. We get coward and back away into the corner but it isn't the same. You are what I need and what I want. It doesn't matter that you just seem to have all these things planned out while I'm just a go with the flow kind of person.

All these fears don't go unnoticed by anyone.

Let's just stay together hand in hand. We will say what we have to say and never see these liars again. You me and whatever is yet to come.

It's okay if you don't see kids in the future because I have you. I have everything I need with you.

We've been in the dark for years now. But today the day when I see you walk down the aisle is the best day of my life. Because I love you.

You walk through the doors and all I can see is you. Your big puffy white dress dragging along behind you. Your steps are slow and steady. Your giving me this look even though you're smiling. I can read it so perfectly. 'These shoes are killing me.' I half smile and look down at my slick black shoes. I look back up and there you are starting right back at me. Your hazel eyes staring right into my icy cold blue ones.

Your father places your hand in mine and mumbles some words that the priest has asked him to say. I can't hear anything with you by my side.

The first half of the ceremony goes off fast. And before I know it my vows have slipped out. And know that it was from the heart because my conscious wasn't there to guide me it was just my heart.

I take your hand in my mine and start to run down the aisle covered in spray painted lavender rose petals.

I can hear the shouts behind us screaming, "Where are y'all going." We had this planned from the beginning though. We wanted to run away from all of this. To live how we want.

We run to my bright red mustang and get in. I get ahold of the steering wheel and just drive.

Drive off to somewhere where are love can live just like it was formed in the dark.