Chapter 2: The Life

A sunny and hot Sunday morning welcomed Tricia as she woke up in her bed. She went to the bathroom  to fix and herself, this has become her routine after waking up and went downstairs to have her breakfast.

"Good morning mom dad, oh where's Jimmy?" Tricia asked

"Good morning Trish, as usual he still asleep, he slept late because of video games." Her dad replied.

"I thought he was going somewhere, to his friends perhaps"

"I don't think so" Her mom said. "Philip called last night telling that their get together will be postponed because of some emergenicies"

"Oh, okay" Tricia answered. ""Bright and hot weather for today huh, perfect for painting outside."

"I bet you'll be having a little art exhibit Trish" Her dad said.

"Yes, actually this time its for a cause. For an orphanage. We want to help children and make them happy somehow at least one day"

"The same company as usual isn't it Trish, Vern, Carl and others"

"Yes, and we're planning to have it in our village as well aside from the school"

"Well, goodluck then, I know it'll be a success, this is the second time you are running it"

"I hope it will"

The theme of the art exhibit was all about Impressionism. It was all about thin, free visible brush strokes, emphasis on the depiction of light. With calm and serene sceneries as most of the subjects of the paintings which they believed is suited for the weather and event.

The art exhibit they planned turned out well. They raised $300 dollars in the 2 day event. Thanks to the village homeowners and extended friends of the village persons. Tricia and the others went to the orphanage to give the amount they raised for the benefit of the children. They were very happy. They helped and in returned they felt loved by the children.

This was the life. The life she loves.