Guess What He Did.

Hello once again you beautiful people. How is everyone? How's it going? Hope you're having an awesome, not so lifeless day. Up above is Danny. Enjoy please comment and vote! Thanks so much.

(Please note that there is very little editing done.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2 "Guess What He Did"

My dad's eyebrows shot up in surprise but a smile made it's way to his face quicker than hoped and I had a gut-wrenching feeling swarm over me. He looked really.....happy. Really, really happy. I swallowed my pride and frown and beamed up at Danny. He looked just as shocked as my dad did.

"Yeah we are. It's going to be great." Both the men standing around me looked surprised. I blushed but ignored it looking up to Danny.

"So what colors are you thinking, babe?' I asked slightly cringing at my words. 

"Well the theme this year is midnight masquerade so I was thinking black and gold." He grinned. Maybe he really did think this through...a little.

"Perfect." My dad said.

"Your mother, she had a white and gold tulle dress. You look so much like her Mel. She would be so, very proud of you." My breath hitched. We haven't talked about her for two years.  Danny's grip tightened. He knew my mother. Crazy as it seems we were friends when we were younger, before mom passed. My eyes swelled slightly but I blinked the tears away.

"We'll talk about prom later. Daniel, can you stay till maybe dinner?" My father glanced towards the clock. It was getting closer to three and I grinned.

"Could we go pick up Ethan form school?"  He chuckled and nodded a yes. I turned to Danny and he shrugged. We made it to my car without words as I slid in the front seat.

"Why did you do that?" I asked the minute I pulled off.

"I'm not very sorry if that's what you're looking for." He had the same stupid smirk that he carried.

"I'm not looking for an apology. I'm looking for how you thought this was all a good idea." I didn't look at him again.

"Can we talk about this later? And who's Ethan?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"He's my little brother dumbass. My mom had him a year after she got sick. He was like her last dying wish or something. I love him but she died right after from being so weak." My voice was low and shaky. My eyes pooled with tears I couldn't hold back.

"He's six. He has no idea who she even was. He's really quiet." We were stopped at a red so my sleeves immediately to my eyes. I put my hands on the steering wheel and stop trying to fix myself as we pulled up to the school.

"I have to go get him. Stay here please." I said as I got out of the car, praying that leaving the keys was a good idea. I walked into the school dodging small children being escorted out by teachers and parents. The receptionist smiled at me. I picked Ethan up often.

"He's still in his classroom. The class hasn't been dismissed yet but you are free to go get him." She said handing me a sticker with my name written on it. I smiled and said thanks before turning on the first hall. He was a kindergarten so his class was at the front of the school. I made it to Ms. Pearls  room. The door was open and all the other five and six year olds were all getting in line ready to head to the busses and parents waiting for them. Ethan saw me and ran up to me.

"Sissy!" He exclaimed as he ran into my arms.

"Hey buddy, did you have fun today?" I asked and he nodded happily. He didn't really talk much and was very shy. So he just grabbed my hand as the teacher came over.