CHAPTER 1 - Angel met Demon.

I am an angel. He is a demon. We both love each other but one must sacrifice. Our love is forbidden and the only sacrifice is death. I closed the book that I am reading. I can't believe it. I mean, is this the only way? Death? At first, I thought it was pathetic until I realised that I love him. Yes, I'm an angel and I fell in love with a demon. It was unexpected. His name is Lucifer. And yes, just like in the book, Lucifer and I share a forbidden love.

I still remember the first time I saw him. He is the king of the dark side; I thought he was here to kill us. But I was wrong. Even though he is a demon, he approaches me really nice. And that was the day that I fell for him. I don't know, I know it's wrong for us angels to fell in love with anyone of impure blood. I know it's hard for us, especially me because I'm an angel. And I know many angels and even God will be against our relationship. But I love him, I never felt this way before. I know, it's unexpected... It's unexpected to fall in love with a demon.

We were so happy in love. We kept it as a secret to everyone. I know, it's wrong to lie. But I can't bear to lose him, not now, not never. But that was the past. I don't know what happened to us now. Sometimes I wonder if he really loves me. I mean, if he does, why is he here in our kingdom with his minions carrying their weapons?

I walked towards him, touched his face with a questioning look in my eyes and a worrying tone in my voice.

"Lucifer, what's this? W-what's happening?" I said with my uttering voice.

"I'm sorry, my love, I love you but I have to do this." Lucifer said with a cold voice and his cold eyes staring at me. I can't read his expression in his eyes. It is blank. Before I could react, he quickly kissed my forehead and turns his back at me.

The battle between our kingdom and his kingdom are starting. I was dumbfounded; I couldn't bear to move my feet. I can't do anything. I can't do anything but just to watch them fight and watch other angles get killed. The clouds are turning grey. We didn't expect that this will happen. Other angels are ready to fight the demons but most of the angels are not prepared to battle with them and I'm one of them angels.

"I have to do something right? I must do something, but how? I'm the most powerful angel here but I don't even know how to fight!" I told myself while I'm still standing in the same position.

While I'm watching them from afar, I just felt something that stabs me in my back. When I turned around to see who it is, it was him. My tears started to fall. Then suddenly, I fell on the floor. I cupped my both hands into his face, I looked him straight into his eyes with full of love while my tears are running down my cheeks. I gave him a quick kiss and wiped his tears and gave him a weak smile.

Finally, I gathered all my fears inside to ask him: "Why Lucifer? Why did you do this? I thought... I thought you love me?" I asked him with my voice shaking. I'm afraid to hear his answer because any moment now, I know I'm going to break down into tears. But I need to be strong. Even though it's hard.

"My love, please forgive me... But you know how much I love you right? That's why I did this. I decided to choose my kingdom over you... But it doesn't mean that I don't love you no more. Don't ever think of that way. My love for you is forever. Even your God cannot explain how much I love you. Please remember that." Lucifer said to me. I can see his sincerity and the truth in his eyes.

I smiled bitterly to him, I'm feeling weak now. This is the last time, this is the last time that I'll see his face, the last time I will feel his touch, his kiss; the last time that I'll hear his voice.

"Goodbye, my love..." I touched his hand for the very last time as I bid my last words to Lucifer.

"Even though you're not with me anymore, I will still love you until the end of forever. Rest now, my love." A tear escaped from my eye while Lucifer says those words to me. I can feel how much he loves me. Lucifer touched my face and closed my eyes...

I woke up from a very bad dream. I pant while trying to catch my breath. I wiped the tears from my cheeks. I didn't know that I fell asleep reading the book. It was a very horrifying dream. It was my worst nightmare. For a second, I thought it was real. I can still feel the hurt on my back where I got stabbed by Lucifer in my dream. Lucifer even sacrificed his own love for me and he even told me that it is the right decision for all of us. I still don't get the picture in my head of why he would kill me. I looked at the book in my hand; I read the last sentence in the book: 'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.' I smiled to myself knowing how much Lucifer loves me. Words cannot express how much we love each other that even in the end; I have to sacrifice my love for him.