The Cabin (23)

VOTE!!

Dedicated to:ChristinaSeawellBurg

 The Night of the Incident

Ethans P.O.V.

         My wolf was tired but I couldn't make myself stop he would be right behind me any moment, I was mixing my scent with the smell of the woods so I wouldn't be tracked I needed to be alone.

          I smelt something that made me stop in fright it was the smell of a rogue, I had to move fast or I could die right here.

       I pushed myself further when I came upon a small cabin deep in the woods it was old and appeared to be abandoned.

        I skidded to a stop and transformed back to my human self I was exhausted but I manadged to change back into my clothe, all I wanted was water and a bed to rest.

       With every step I took there came a creaked but the loudest noise came from the door when I opened it.

       It seemed to echo for miles, I hurried inside and took a look at what was inside there was a table with one chair  a small kitchen that hadn't been used in years and another room with a love couch and a fire place.

       I decided to start a fire so I went outside again and found logs outside by the door,I brought them  inside and put them in place I didn't have a match of a lighter maybe there was gas in the stove.

       There was no gas meaning no fire I would freeze to death if I didn't start a fire quickly, I decided to check the cupboards but there was absolutely nothing.

      I turned around giving up but as I did the light coming from the moon entered through a small window in the kitchen and it reflected on something that was shiny right on the floor between the stove and the wall.

        Just my luck it was a lighter thank the goddess, I ran to the fireplace but realized I needed a piece of paper to start the fire if not then i'd burn myself.

       There was no paper but there was an old rag hanging in the kitchen looking like an old, dirty, apron that tore easily with just a tug.

      I took a piece and flicked the lighter under it, only sparks were coming out until fire caught the rag and I placed it under the logs, the dry logs started to burn right away.  

      I didn't want to lay on the couch I didn't know who had sat on it or what may have happened on it I didn't want to take a chance so I laid down in front of the couch with the fire hitting my face and warming up my whole body.

      With that I closed my eyes and tried to sleep telling myself that when I awoke I would go to my grandparents house and call Zaid so we can talk it out.

      I blinked one more time before darkness overcame my vision, I awoke with a start the door had creaked shut meaning someone had entered the cabin and they might already know that I was in here.

      I stopped breathing but not before taking in a whiff of the intruder, "Rogue" now how was I supposed to make it our of here alive.

       I wasn't able to contact with Zaid because he hadn't marked me or I him, I was in deep shit, rogue's were said to be vicious and deadly.

      I'm so so sorry Zaid I shouldn't of ran out of your house to this cabin in the middle of nowhere I hope you found my scent and you're almost here, please goddess  let me see my mate one more time so I can tell him how sorry i'am and how much I love him.