Chapter 9 - Cracked...Somewhat

Zeke slammed the door closed, his face a deep red. He turned to Angelica to apologize, only to find himself unable to speak. Her face was hidden in her hands, the red outer portion being the only sign of her embarrassment. Lifting her head, they stared at each other a moment, then burst into laughter. He was not entirely sure what was so funny, but he enjoyed it. He wrapped his arms around his stomach as it began to cramp and tears rolled down his face. He had not laughed since he and Jake fled home, so it was a welcome release. He flopped onto the ground and rested his back against the wall, letting his arms drop to his sides. He felt something brush against his hand as he placed his palm face down. Looking to his right, he picked it up from a corner in front of the door. He flipped the object over a couple times before dropping it back to the ground, a slight look of disgust spread across his face.

"What was it?" Angelica asked.

"A condom wrapper."

"Ewww. Why is that out here?"

"It is probably Jake's way of letting me know he had company."

How were you supposed to see that when it was shoved in a corner?"

"I wasn't going to. It was either accidental or intentional."

"Why on earth would he intentionally hide it?"

"I could give you an answer, but let's just leave it be."

She must have taken his sentence as a signal to be silent because she did not say a word after that. He honestly thought she had nothing else to say, but he was hoping she would start another conversation. However, they just sat there, silent as the night grass, but they regretted it almost instantly. Creeping through the wall came an orchestra of creaks, grunts, groans, and moans. Zeke felt his face heat up a little as he heard the noises. Turning to Angelica, he noticed the same thing on her face. What he was unsure of was if it was embarrassment or excitement. He became so lost in his thoughts he had not noticed the sudden lack of noise.

The door to the hotel room opened and a tall lanky girl emerged from within. Zeke abruptly turned around to see her and was nearly blown away at her beauty. She had raven black hair that streamed down her shoulders and halted at her lower back. Her face looked ageless, having a smooth appearance and a lustrous glow. Her eyes were almond-shaped with a grayish hue to them. Her choice of dress was what threw him off the most. She wore light blue capris with a simple yellow top, not exactly the clothes of a prostitute. She stopped as she exited, spinning quickly around and kissed Jake on the cheek. With a wave at him and Angelica, she spun back around and practically skipped down the hallway. They rose to their feet and cautiously entered the room, Zeke taking the lead.

He did not mind taking the lead every once in a while, but it was times like these that he would refuse, however futile his argument was. They were the times when he believed that taking the lead would be damaging to him, not just physically, but mentally and socially as well. It was the possibility of walking into the room and spotting Jake naked that bothered him, not that he had done it already. Yet, what choice did he have? He could not find it in himself to let Angelica take the lead and scar herself for life. He peered around the corner of the door and let out a sigh as he saw Jake throwing on a shirt. He pushed it open and casually walked in, motioning for Angelica to follow.

As he looked around, Zeke could not help, but to gawk at the state of the room, or rather parts of it. The bed was a disarray of ruffled sheets, some of them ripped right off the bed and one of the pillows was on the floor. A sweat silhouette was imprinted onto the base sheet and based on its size, he knew it to be Jake's. The sofa, which rested near the door, also had a few sweaty indents. A couple of the walls had a darker spot on the lower half of it, right about the area of the ass. He tore his gaze away, not wanting to know who left the print. Jake sat down at the end of the bed and fixed Zeke with an irritated stare. He copied the look, a little pissed that his friend was annoyed at him. He believed it should be the other way around.