CHAPTER TWO

Weekend before the storm

Megan's POV

He's been calling me sweet cheeks since the first time he kissed my cheek; he said it was soft and sweet thus his nickname for me 'sweet cheeks'.

Without realising I had zoned out again and my smile had somehow grown larger. I looked over at Ty who was still waiting for a reply and said. "Just remembering how we met is all" with this he laughed out loud and a smile took over his features as he reminisced the past.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before I switched the radio on, the song playing brought back tons of good memories of Tyler and I.

In the past six years we've had some wonderful times both alone and with company. People who don't know us or meet us for the first time often mistake us to be a couple all because of how close we are.

Not that I blame them for thinking this when I would think the same if I saw us but in honesty there has never been anything but friendly love and feelings between us, he always thought of me as his little sister and I of him as my big brother.

Yeah I know you're probably thinking that one or maybe both of us are secretly in love with the other because that's just how it goes.

I assure you it's nothing even close because for one I know exactly how I feel and the thought of being romantically involved makes me gag. I'm also one hundred percent sure he is in love with my little sister, Laila.

Laila is a year younger than I am, while Tyler is two years older than me. I graduated high school a year earlier thus the reason why we were only a year apart in varsity.

The first time I introduced Tyler to my family and more importantly my sister I noticed to look of pure awe in his eyes, it was something I had never seen in him before and it's a look only my baby sister was ever worthy of. For the first couple of months my family was sure that we were secretly dating and tried on various occasions to get me to confess to it, but eventually they realised that it was actually true that we were and always would be just friends.

Tyler never openly admitted his feeling to me or even to Laila but his behaviour is enough to confirm my suspicion. He is possessive of her in a way he isn't even with me, he gets visibly jealous of any guy she associates with and his mood can change drastically depending on hers.

Unluckily for Tyler though, Laila has been dating a guy named Kyle since high school and as much as we dislike the guy; she is hopelessly in love with him. Kyle is studying to be a doctor and he has a promising future ahead of him but there's something not quite right about him. Tyler hates him with a passion and the two just can't be in the same room without palpable tension and hateful looks. Tyler being a respectful guy has never made any advances at Laila, because I definitely would have heard about it at some point.

Lai and I are as close as sisters should be, we love each other and she is my girl best friend. Laila has always been good at hiding her feelings and somehow she can even hide them from me after all these years. I know she loves Kyle but in fleeting moments I don't miss the longing glances she sends Tyler, I know for a fact that even though the little time they spend together she has a space in her heart only for him that even Kyle will never own. I know it's both selfish and wrong for me to cross my fingers in hope that one day Kyle will mess up and she will run straight into Tyler's open arms. Hey it's not wrong to dream, is it?

In the time that I'd been lost in my thoughts we had reached Purple Rose and the anticipation and excitement grew in my chest. We came to Purple Rose for the first time 3 years ago when it opened for a friend's birthday and ever since it's been a place we visit regularly. We got out of the car and booked in for the night as it was Saturday and we didn't have work tomorrow.

Our first stop was the restaurant for breakfast; I ordered blueberry pancakes and hot chocolate while Ty ordered a hungry man's breakfast. Breakfast went by calmly with light banter as usual and soon we were out of there and ready for a full day of hiking, zip lining, swimming, sightseeing and drinks to end off the day.

The next morning we were up and out of the resort by 10am and arrived at his mom's place for a quick visit by 11am. Samantha; Tyler's mom, is a beautiful woman with her long black hair, warm brown eyes that shine with love and adoration for her son. Sam is quite short at her 5'1 height while I stand at a height of 5'8; she has a petite figure that no doubt had her many suitors in her younger days.

Sam and Tyler's father Jonathan Paul Avvery had been married for 20 years when they lost their 16 year old son in a car accident when Tyler was just 11 years old, the death of his brother tore the family apart and his parents long time bond and loving marriage began to crumble at their feet, Tyler and his brother were apparently always close and his death was the hardest time of his life, when his parents divorced after a year of trying to continue life after the death of his brother his mother brought him to New York and they were able to start afresh, he eventually learnt to live with the pain of losing his brother and father and most people know of him to be an only child whose father and mother are divorced.

A few years ago Tyler still harboured hatred for his father and blamed him for ruining his family mainly because after his brother died his father became unfaithful to his mother and once the divorce was final he never spoke or contacted them again.

After a whole lot of coaxing and convincing him I managed to break the barrier of hate and he now harbours only feelings of indifference to his father, gone is the love and gone is the hatred he felt now he sees his father as the man who's sperm he is born from.

Sam has always been supportive of Tyler's choices, she's tried to keep him from his hatred but failed at doing so, she's truly a great mother and I know Tyler knows it too, he loves his mom as much as his last breath it's truly adorable.

Once our short visit with Sam came to an end and I promised to have dinner with her on Thursday night. I look forward to our time together without Tyler, don't get me wrong I love him but I can't exactly get all the good stories while he's around 'cue evil laugh' she's a real doll and she adores me as much as I do her I hope one day the girl who marries Tyler will love her and treat her as well as I do.

Sunday came and went not long and it was already time to hit the sheets again. Tyler dropped me off at home by 6pm after we had dinner at his place, usually he would come in and stay a while but something tells me he is heading over to the club for a booty call and he knows how I wouldn't care to go with him so instead he walked me to my door and after a big hug "Bye Sweet cheeks, see you tomorrow." I kissed his cheek, "Goodbye Ty. Love you bro, be safe and call me if you need me to pick you up later." He nodded and left with one final wave.

***

Edited

Please VOTE