Chapter Twenty-Three

"Get off of my sister!" Allie yelled as she slammed her fists into Nathan's back. Nathan let go of Lily who was lying broken and sobbing on the wooden floor. He threw Allie off his back and she flew backwards and hit her shoulder against a bench causing her to cry out in pain.

Nathan stood and redid his pants while he sneered down at Lily.

"Pull your dress down wife. You are showing too much leg." he said with a chuckle and then he kicked her hard in the thigh and she let out a whimper before pulling her legs into her chest.

"Stop kicking her!" Allie screamed as Nathan brought his foot hard into Lily's side. "You're going to hurt the baby!" Nathan became as still as stone at her words and looked over at her.

"What baby?" he hissed. Lily sat up and wrapped her knees into her chest.

"Allie, be quiet." she moaned through her swollen lips.

"What baby?" Nathan hissed again.

"The baby that she is pregnant with, you great big jackass." Allie replied angrily. Nathan tapped his gun against his hand and turned his attention back to Lily.

"You let that good for nothing animal get you pregnant?" he demanded with disgust.

"It's your….." Allie stopped talking suddenly when a low growl filled the room. Everyone's eyes flew to the door and Hawke was standing there seething with anger with Wolf by his side.

"You had better hope you did not hurt my child." Hawke said in a voice that was so low and cold it sent shivers down even Lily's spine. Nathan quickly grabbed Lily's arm and yanked her to her feet. He held her in front of him like a shield and pressed his gun to her temple.

"If you or your pet so much as twitch, you damn savage, I'll blow her good for nothing brains right out of her head."

Hawke took in the situation and for the first time in his life he did not know what to do. He had no doubts that if he went for his knives, Nathan would kill Lily. His poor Lily. Her face was once again swollen and covered with bruises. Her dress was ripped and Hawke saw that Nathan's pants were twisted and Hawke felt his blood seem to freeze and boil at the same time.

Nathan had forced his woman! He had stuck himself inside of her right here on the dirty floor of this dusty stage office and Hawke had not been here to protect her.

"Are you okay, naakiiwa?" he asked, keeping his voice hard and emotion free. If Nathan knew the amount of fear and desperation that Hawke was feeling it would only make things worse.

"I am fine, ninaa. I love you." Lily replied while a tear rolled down her cheek. She knew she was going to die and she wanted to make sure that Hawke knew how she felt.

"Kitsiikakomimmo. You are my mosskitsipahyo." Hawke replied and then he narrowed his eyes and looked at Nathan.

"Let go of her and leave." he said. Nathan laughed harshly.

"Yes and I guess you're just going to let me leave here alive and well huh?" he asked and Hawke nodded. He would let Nathan live if the man would just give him Lily back. He would forget about revenge and payback if he could just have his arms around that woman again and have her safe and warm and back at home with him.

"Nice try." Nathan said pushing the gun harder against Lily's temple. Lily whimpered with pain and bit her lip to keep from crying out. Wolf started to lunge but Hawke grunted and he stopped in his tracks.

"You better keep that beast under control!" Nathan warned. "Now Lily and I are going to walk out of here, jump on my horse and ride out of town and you are going to be helpless to stop us because you are going to be dead." Hawke prepared himself. The second Nathan pulled that gun away from Lily's head he was going to send a knife flying straight into his skull.