A Lady or a Tramp?

Okay guys another late upload :( Banner by Ayumi_Chizu! Hope you don't get bored since it's mostly talk. Vote, comment, but most of all, enjoy!

Jax kept my head in his lap on the ride home, the rest of my body laying across Marshall and Jason. I winced as every bump jarred my body and Marshall seemed to wince with me. "She gonna be okay?" He asked Jax. Jax shrugged.

"I don't know, honestly. She's died before. But there isn't a way of knowing how many times she'll be able to." He was right of course. I hadn't really thought of it but it was true, but if I was going to go out on only four deaths, this whole Phoenix thing was a load of bullshit.

I bled out in Jax's lap about three minutes before we pulled into the University's parking place. He didn't seem to mind though, I guess I couldn't really ruin his black clothes with the gallon of blood I poured out of my neck and onto his lap. But still, I felt rude. It was also probably the most relaxing death I'd had, there was the pain in my neck, no pun intended, but mostly I felt numb from the shock and the blood loss. The little girl Marshall had brought with him cried the whole time and the teenager looked at me like I was about the weirdest thing ever. I guess I was to her.

I resurrected before Jax had even carried me all the way to the lab. He sighed with relief as I squirmed out of his arms, feeling my neck wound at the same time. The Night Crew crowded around me, waiting with breath held tight in their chest. My neck was fine, smooth as it had been before I died. "What are you guys staring at?" I asked them, feeling a little embarrassed. Joe stepped forward and gathered me in the biggest hug I think I've ever had the misfortune of receiving. "Girl," he blubbered, "You saved my life back there." I patted his shoulder, uncomfortably. "It's no big deal." I said, trying to extract myself from his arms. Jax cleared his throat and Joe stepped away from me, eyes still brimming with tears.

"Alright,"Jax addressed the crew, "Everyone turn in your equipment and get to bed. Good job tonight you guys." We turned are wireless radios and guns in, setting them in cases that were laid open on top of the lab tables, waiting for our return. I stripped off my ruined clothes and tossed them in a trash bin. I felt a little exposed in just my black bodysuit and knee high boots, but at the same time I wanted to grab something to eat and get some sleep more than I wanted to throw on a baggy shirt. Hell, I even took my boots off and left them on the table too, I come back and get them when I made up with Foxx in the morning.

At this point only Jax, Marshall, and the girls with him were still in the lab, discussing where they would spend the night. As the guys talked, I walked up and introduced myself to the girls. Delilah, a human girl who was only seven and Kali, a Clouded Leopard-type that seemed matured well beyond her fourteen years. I talked to the girls about their journey to Hoboken while the boys quibbled over whether or not Delilah and Kali counted as family or if they would all go to single rooms in the Single Dorms.

"Jax," I spoke up, "They can stay with me tonight." He started to protest, but I stopped him. "I have an extra bed, remember?" The bed had once been my mother's and I had kept it even after she had died, sometimes I slept on it myself. " The girls can have it and Marshall can take the couch, if that's fine with you?" I asked Marshall, extended my room key towards him. He took it.

"It's fine by me," He said shooting a victorious look at Jax. I gave him my passcode for the security doors and directions to the room. I told him I was going to the kitchen for something to eat and promised to bring food back to the room for them. Jax glared at me as the trio left the room, but I just smiled at him and said, "Let's grab some food, okay?" He smiled then and put his arm around my shoulders. We left the lab in darkness and moved silently through the halls of the College, neither of us making a sound on our way to the kitchen.