Chapter 7

Aria's POV

That movie was weird. Very strange, but it was great hanging out with Aaron again and getting to talk to him like a normal brother-sister relationship.

The next couple of weeks were better, but still difficult. The ache in my heart was still there, but those horrible pains hadn't showed up in weeks.

Why?

Did he finally get common sense and realize what he was doing was just utterly douchey? Probably not, but I was slowly going back to my old self. I was eating properly again and life was starting to return to me.

I was hanging out with my brother more, and loving it.

"Thanks Aaron." I smiled. It was a Friday morning and Aaron had made us my favorite breakfast. It was chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and southern style hash browns. My mouth was watering at the smell of it. "You're the best brother."

"Anything for my little sis." He replied, returning my smile.

The next week was good. The pain was gone and Aaron and I were as good as ever. I was even able to see him and not want to burst in a crying mess. It's a start.

I was sitting in my room doing some homework. I was avoiding downstairs since he was here. Just because it hurt less, didn't mean that I had to go out of my way to see him.

"Aria! There's an important looking envelope that just arrived for you!" Aaron called up the stairs.

"Coming!" I called back. I could face seeing him for just a few minutes. Right?

I put my pencils down and clobbered down the stairs, not like I had anyone to impress.

Nate and Damien were sitting at the kitchen island. Aaron was inspecting the envelope. I walked over and took it out of his hands despite his protests.

"It's from NYU?" He said, confused.

My heart stopped. I completely forgot that I applied for early admission. I had enough credits and good enough grades to miss one year of high school. I forgot that I applied for early action. With everything that had gone on the past couple months I forgot that I gave my application to my counselor for safe keeping. She must have sent it in for me.

My hands started shaking as I looked down at the envelope. This could fix a lot of things. I could get away at the end of the year. With Damien as alpha he couldn't go far if he was going to go to college. I could get away.

"So what's this for, Aria?" Aaron asked. Damien just looked at me, also curious.

"I applied for early admission, so I could skip a year of high school." I said after a minute. I didn't know what type of reaction I would get from either one of them. Damien stayed quiet, while Aaron started freaking out. It was things like "why didn't you tell me" "Oh my god" "I hope you got in" "NYU is so far away" "my baby sister is leaving me" and many other things.

"Okay, okay, we don't even know if I got in. Let me open this first." I took a deep breath and broke the seal. Taking another deep breath I closed my eyes as I slid out the first piece of paper. When I finally had the courage I opened one eye and then the other...

Dear Miss. Aria Isabelle Montgomery,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into this upcoming fall freshman class of 2016! ...

"I got accepted!" I screamed as Aaron picked me up with a victory "hooray" and I screamed. I hadn't been this happy in a while. I noticed that Damien still hadn't said anything. Aaron noticed to.

"Aren't you going to congratulate my little sis on her acceptance?" Aaron asked.

It seemed to snap Damien out of a daze. "Oh yeah, congrats." Damien said pretty unenthusiastically.

Party pooper.