One

"Dean, wake up. You've gotta get ready for school." Sam aggressively shook his older brother in a failed attempt to wake him up.

Sam dug his fingers into his hands and groaned. "It's the first day of school, I promise you can be late tomorrow."

Still nothing. Sam pondered for a moment before an idea clicked. "Dean! Cas just got into a car accident! I need you to drive me to the hospital."

Dean jumped out of bed and ran outside to his car, grabbing his keys off the counter with a clean swipe. By the time Sam had made his way outside his brothers impala was already started and the passenger door was wide open. "Get your ass in this car right now!"

Sam buckled over with laughter on the front porch steps. Deans eyes narrowed as he realized he'd been played. He let the car idle a moment before shutting it off and walking back into the house, shoving a cackling Sam onto the ground in the process.

He walked back to his room to slip a pair of jeans and shoes on. Sam was leaning against the car smiling at him. Dean quickly locked the house and walked up to his brother. "Oh, ha ha ha, real funny bitch."

Sam was already laughing as he got in the car. "Okay jerk. No the funniest part about this situation, I can remember you saying 'No worries Sammy, I didn't even like him that much.' Or my favorite line, 'It was a mutual breakup.' Ah, for not liking him that much you sure seemed to care when you thought he was hurt."

Dean slammed his door and glared at his brother. "I was generally concerned for his well being. Exes are allowed to be generally concerned."

"You didn't even put shoes on."

Dean started the car and flipped his younger brother the bird the entire way to school.

~~~

The morning of the school day was the most boring thing in Dean's entire life. It was senior year, at this point the students and teachers were equally excited for the seniors to leave. Especially because this senior class had way more drama and pranks than any graduating classes prior.

Lunch tables were generally divided into the common cliche groups. Jocks, cheerleaders, goths, nerds, and all the other groups. Sam and Dean fell into the jock group, as would be suspected. But it was different than last year, there was a missing presence of an angelic boy with dark hair.

"So have you had any classes with him?" Sam asked quietly, letting all their friends emerge into conversations of their own.

Dean shrugged. "Pretty sure I don't know who you're talking about."

"Him."

Dean glared at him. "If you must know, then yes. Math and Social Studies."

Sam nodded. "And after lunch he's in your science and your club. Which is weird because your club is football and Cas sucks at football. Kinda seems like he needs an excuse to be near you. Just saying."

"Oh really."

Sam looked innocently at his brother. "What? I just simply compared your schedules."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"No, trust me. I hate you."

Sam was gonna continue their petty argument, but Jess came up and interrupted them. "Hey babe, hi Dean, is it okay if I sit here?"

Sam smiled and pulled out the chair for his girlfriend and Dean faked a laugh. "Yes, of course, sit here. I'll need my daily my dose of Rom-Coms everyday for the rest of the year."