Chapter Eleven

Lane kept his arm tight around Joey and they walked up to his room. She sat down on the bed and watched him slip on some sweatpants and a t-shirt neither of them speaking. He sat down next to her on the bed and Joey felt a shiver of pleasure and heat pass through her when she remembered the love they'd made the last time she'd been in this room with him.

She looked over at his face and saw his pain. She instantly came down on her knees in front of him.

"Please, Lane, forgive me for hurting you. I didn't want to. I love you." she said. He smiled his charming smile and laid a hand on her cheek.

"I know you love me. You're my crazy ass pyscho slayer and I love you too." She raised up and kissed him deeply passionately. When she pulled away he saw that her green eyes were clouded with passion.

"My werewolf.. I couldn't live without you." she said. He looked at her and she could see nervousness in his eyes.

"I want you to be my mate, Joey. In every way. Do you know what that means?" he asked. She did. She had studied a lot about were creatures and immortals. She knew that if they were fully mated she too would become an immortal and that her life would be eternally tied to his. She found it surprising that she felt no hesitation before she answered him.

"I want to be your mate, Lane. In every way." she replied. He closed his eyes and smiled. Then he looked at her again.

"That will mean no more late night trips into dark alleys to take on demons, vamps and other nasty things." he said. She smiled and raised a brow.

"And that will also mean no getting drunk off your ass in bars and trying to pick up bimbo hookers."

"Bethany has a big mouth." he said looking away from her his cheeks turning red.

"And... No more gambling." she added.

"Look who's already turning into an old nag." Lane said grinning.

"I love you, Lane." she said.

"I love you too." he replied he was lowering his mouth to hers when suddenly a pain filled yell came from downstairs. They were both on their feet in a heartbeat and running down the stairs. They found the kitchen crowded with people. Jake had called everyone home and so everyone was gathered in the kitchen except for Kent and Jordan.

"Where is tinkerbell and the midget and who was screaming?" Lane asked.

"They are bringing your camaro home." Bethany replied. "And mom just whacked dad on the head with the frying pan she cooked his burgers on."

"You stupid woman!" Charles shouted jumping from the chair and rubbing his head. Joey saw that he looked much different now then he had just a short time ago. His immortal healing had filled him out again quickly. She could tell that beneath the beard his face was rugged and chisled like Jake's. He was the same height and build as Jake also. But that was where the similarities stopped. Jake was far more dangerous and deadly looking than this man. He looked dangerous enough but more mean than anything. Almost evil. His eyes were intense and cold and lacked the warmth and kindness that Joey had come to notice was almost always in Jake's.

Raquel quickly walked over to Joey and hugged her tight.

"Angela and Jake explained everything to us. Thank you so much for risking what you did to save our children." she said. Joey nodded and fought back tears.

"I love your children." she said. Evan walked up as well holding a sleepy twin in each arm.

"Thank you, Joey. I am sorry I misjudged you before." he said. Then he and Raquel left the room taking the twins up to bed. Joey turned her attention back to Charles and Rebecca who were arguing loudly.