Chapter Five

JOURNAL ENTRY NO. 2

To the Midnight Blue,

No, I wasn't flabbergasted like being doused with ice-cold water on this freezing morning. And no, I wasn't shivering from the cold. Instead, I am downright F-L-A-B-B-E-R-G-A-S-T-E-D and quivering in my unspoken fury. How can someone who gave me such a warm and gentle expression last night at the concert be someone utterly despicable, insufferably shameless and completely void of any empathy towards fellow men? Can such a heartless being exist in this world?

Aaaaaaaaaargh! >_<

That was me screaming my head off out of spite for not being able to correctly display my unspoken frustration of my inappropriate annoyance.

First thing in the morning I lived to see again such a magnificent though somewhat chilly episode of my life when I appreciate the beauty of the atmosphere around me. Suddenly, in a single instant, it was completely trashed without mercy as though I was the dumping sight of all the insufferable attitudes of shameless people. No, my mistake. He wasn't a real carbon-based being. Rather, he was one of those unidentified specie tasked to ruin my perfect, monotonous life.

"Rhianna, what are you writing?" the idiot said in a sing-song voice as though he was an elementary kid. Rhianna fancied how this idiot can actually have an incredibly high voice at one point and an unbelievably low pitch the next second.

Rhianna was alarmed to be caught in the middle of expressing her frustration in her journal. She closed it immediately, clearly showing that whatever she was writing there was confidential.

A fatal mistake.

"Nothing of importance," she said unconvincingly.

Her voice lacked power and confidence—that air of indifference that often fended people off when her ire has gyrated off to outer space.

Davis the senile idiot looked at Rhianna sceptically with an evil smile that spanned from ear to ear. Even without interpreting his body language, Rhianna could clearly hear the words 'I'm going to pry that notebook off your fingers if I have to!' at the back of his mind.

That's cold, dead fingers, you idiot, she challenged him through a piercing stare that usually sent daggers through the spines of normal human beings, Like I'd let you do it.

Davis was different. Instead of cowering away in fear like the others have, he squinted his eyes and pursed his lips. Clearly, he was thinking up a plan.

The remedy was totally transparent to Rhianna. She had three choices: one was to leave the notebook in her house; two is to place a safety lock on her bag so that Davis cannot rummage through her things when she's not around; three—what are lockers for?

"Excuse me, I have yet a lot of things to do."

She got up from her seat and tried to ignore Davis. Davis' eyes followed her, probably curious where she was going when the next teacher was due to the class for five minutes at most.

Treading candidly towards the lockers, Rhianna opened her which was at the leftmost corner on the second row. Compared with a coded lock, it was more secure to have a lock and key so Rhianna would have no problems if people were to figure out her code. She took out her Math book—the only subject she wasn't naturally gifted in. Rhianna had to spend a lot of time studying to memorize formulas on methods to solve equations which she found really taxing. Science was way better for the concepts were based on tangible elements found everywhere in life. X and Y? Those aren't even numbers. Why the heck does Rhianna have to add letters up?