-6-

Not edited. Ok yes. I've had 2 spellings for Donovan/Donavan to try them out so I can decide which i prefer. I can't decide! Which do you like best?

He placed the phone down and thought of the anger is his brother's voice. While he could understand the hatred Ian felt towards their father's other family he also knew that it wasn't their fault. They were victims in their own right and in many ways even more so. Especially Grayson. From what he could gather, it was Grayson who for some strange and unexplained reason who was the only one of their father's children born without the umbrella title of his parents being married and even then, it was Grayson who supported his fathers views. No, Ian may be right about their father but as far as the other Price family was concerned Ian had it all wrong.

After talking with Ragan he very stupidly thought the rest of his family would be as accepting of them as he had been. Ragan was married with two children, a pigeon pair, who were the lights in their parents eyes. Two children who would never question what they did to encounter their father's wrath. When he thought about it he had to admit that he thought Ragan's beliefs and behaviour would have him fathering in the exact opposite way. In fact it was Ragan's parenting that made him believe that he himself had the chance of being a good father himself.

He'd watched time and time again as his niece and nephew tried the patience of a saint, or in this case Ragan, and each time his brother had diffused the situation swiftly without a raised voice or belittling taunts that would scar them forever.

It gave him hope.

A knock at his home office door grabbed his attention as he went to make another call to another sibling.

"Karen" his wife was dressed in an almost humbling skirt and peasant style shirt. Her long hair was held back with in a ponytail with the long length brought back over her shoulder. Her whole presence screamed completely desirable and he was left with the burning wish that she didn't need him to stand and in turn, show the evidence of his desire.

"If you're not busy I thought we could go over our diaries and work out when we need to go out as a couple." As she spoke she strode into the room and dragged a chair from the side of the room to place it in front of him.

His eyes narrowed sharply and as he inhaled he smelt the distinct smell of roses. Her perfume? Her soap? Her shampoo? Whatever it came from the smell made him more determined to make this woman his own.

"We're married Karen."

"I know that Van. I was just..."

"You were just? What? Going to tell me how our marriage would be? What are you planning Karen? Do we go out and act loving to the world, hold hands, kiss... and then come home and pretend it didn't happen until the next time our diary entries match?"

Karen's mouth dropped open. Her heart pumped madly in her chest and she was sure if she looked she would see the thumping presence through her clothes.

"Isn't that how we agreed things would be?"

"No Karen. That was how you told me they were going to be. I never agreed to any of it. I take the vows of marriage very seriously and I don't plan on sleeping around... discreetly or otherwise."

"What..." she licked her lips nervously, the only sign that her hard shell was breaking open. With clenched fists by her sides in the chair she asked "what exactly does that mean Van?"

Donovan sat back and softly smiled.

"It means I don't plan on sleeping with anyone else Karen."

"Oh my God" she whispered.

"No Karen. God isn't involved in this. Just us. Husband and wife. You and me. We're married and I don't plan on being a monk while we're married."

Karen stood up abruptly and with hands that belied the shaking she felt inside, she picked up her diary.

"Van I don't agree."

"Karen." He held up a hand. "I'm not saying I'll force you into anything, hell if I wanted to do that I would have last night. No Karen. I'll let you get used to the idea of being married to me. We'll get to know each other but..."

"But what?" she clutched the diary to her chest in a futile attempt at defending her pounding heart.

"I want us to be husband and wife in every way Karen. I want you in my bed, moaning my name as you come undone in my arms."

"You... we... we can't!"

Donovan stood and knew that she was watching his every step as he moved towards her.

Karen gulped down the panic that was rising. She took a step backwards and collided with the chair she'd recently left.

Donovan's hand reached out to steady her and in just moments she found herself within his arms as his head dipped downwards. His breath was warm... teasing... as he got close to her cheek. His lips touched her softly before he let her go and headed to the door.

"You're my wife Mrs Price and I intend to keep it that way."

Karen stared at the now empty door and shuddered as she realised that she felt disappointed that he hadn't kissed her lips. The massive reality she now had to face was that Donovan Price intended to have a real marriage with all it entailed... and she forced herself to admit the truth.

She was Karen Lange-Price and she wanted to sleep... have sex... with her husband.