My Time to Shine

• Dedicated to Stephanie Bennett

                                                                                         Meghan’s POV                    

“I’m sorry Meghan, but I’m breaking up with you.”  My boyfriend Tom said.

I looked up at him with watery eyes. I couldn’t believe that this was happening. We had been going out for 2 years, and then he suddenly decides to break up with me. Yesterday we were getting along just fine. He had even taken me out on a date, and gave me lots of kisses. “Did I do something wrong?” I questioned

Tom shook his head, and gave me a sad look. I looked at his beautiful grey eyes that were filled with love. I looked harder and noticed something strange. I could tell that the love in his eyes weren’t for me. He had never looked liked that while we were together.

“I’m sorry. It’s not you…it’s your sister.”                                                                              

His words shocked me. What did that mean? What did Lucy have anything to do with us? My twin sister Lucy was dating Tom’s twin brother Mason.

Did Mason and Lucy have a fight, and break up? Did Mason not want us to be together because it would be awkward? So many questions were swarming my head. “What does Lucy have to do with us braking up?”

Tom shook his head and quietly muttered, “Meghan, I’m in love with Lucy.”

Shock was written all over my face. “Wait. So you’re telling me that you’re in love with your girlfriend’s sister, who is also you’re brothers girlfriend?

“How could you do this to me?” I screamed at him, “How could you fall in love with my freakin’ sister!?”

I couldn’t handle this anymore. I ran as fast as I could, never looking back. The farther I got, the smaller Tom’s voice became.

I ran into the forest, hoping that all the animal were vacationing and weren’t in the forest. Lucky for me I saw no living things, beside plants.

I continued to run until I could no longer move my feet. “Why God?” I silently whispered as I drifted off into blackness.

Noah’s POV

Why did I have to be on stupid patrol? Nothing ever happens in this boring place. Did they expect giant vampires to pop out o the sky and eat the young? Our alpha is way too paranoid. Sure, he did live through a lot of wars. Heck, he was even a soldier in most of them, so I understand why he always thinks that we’re gonna be under attack.

I walked around a dead tree for the 20th time, when the most amazing scent filled my nostrils. It was the smell of lemons and lime, my favorite. I searched everywhere, trying to find out where the sweet aroma was coming from.

I turned the corner and saw a girl-no, woman- lying on the forest floor. She was absolutely stunning. She had dark brown hair that went down to the middle of her back. She had flawless, tan skin, and perfect curves. I couldn’t see her eyes since they were closed. I couldn’t wait to see her beautiful eyes. I wondered what color they would be. No matter what the color, I knew that they’d be gorgeous.

“Hello?” I said.

There was no reply. Now that I think about it, why is she lying on the ground anyways? Holy shiz! My girl is unconscious! Wait, where did ‘my girl’ come from? She’s not mine…yet.

I couldn’t wait to feel her body pressed against mine. Her soft, pink lips pressed all over my body. I especially couldn’t wait to push my man- woah. Where the heck did all this come from?

She’s your mate idiot. My wolf said.

I couldn’t believe that I had found my mate. I was the luckiest man in the whole world! This beautiful creature was my mate. I couldn’t wait for her to wake up so we could be together.

For a moment I forgot that my mate was unconscious. What kind of mate am I? How could I forget something so serious as my mate being unconscious? What a good way to start our relationship.

I hurriedly picked up my mate and rushed her to my house. She needed to see a doctor fast! She could be dying?  I wouldn’t be able to live if my mate died.

“Doctor,” I shouted into the phone, “I need you to get in my room ASAP!”

Please let my mate be okay…

Meghan’s POV

I awoke in a room that I had never seen before. Maybe I was dead and in Heaven. “So this is what Heaven is like. I think I’m gonna like being dead.”

Suddenly a low growl erupted in the silent room. I turned my head and saw a man sitting down on a chair next to my bed. “Um, hello there… Were you the one that just growled?” I questioned.

His menacing look quickly turned into a giant grin. I looked him over, and boy, he was sexy! The man had really nice tan skin, and I could see his abs through his white t-shirt. I looked up at his face and noticed that he had ebony hair that went down to the tip of his neck. I had finally met his eyes and they were magnificent! He had bright blue eyes that were filled with happiness and l- wait, love. Well that stinks, he must have a girlfriend, and I probably remind him of her. Why do all the hot guys have to be taken… or in love with my sister?  

“Where am I, and who are you?” I asked

“You passed out, and I saw you in the forest. I couldn’t just leave you there so I brought you to my house.”

“Oh well, thanks. Oh, well look at the time, I should go home now,” I said, trying to get out of there as soon as I could.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t let you leave.”

Oh great! This guy wants to keep me here. He probably wants to keep me as his prisoner. Why me? I was just told that my boyfriend is in love with my sister, and now this! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you like it! I'm working on the second chapter right now. Hopefully it will get better later on in the story.