Falling to peices book 1: the white legend

Legend has it that a ghostly white hound prowls the icey white lands in search of its own kind. If you can catch this ghost you most certainly will meet a bloody end, but to see it is magical enough to drive those who are lucky enough to see it mad with the thought of catching it. Some even go as far as setting death traps for it so they may greedily claim it's pelt as their own.

I'm here to set things straight, this is no mere legend it is the truth and every part I have come to know is my destiny to protect this poor creature for she is the last of her kind. But I'm getting ahead of myself. You may be wandering who and what I am, I can tell you this much I am one of few who the ghost trusts, I am my village's shaw man in training. My village is a small village full of hunters and fisherman. There are very few villages left, seven to be exact. The human race has been dying off ever since the global cooling and rapid warming incident happened. My name is Darius and I'm on my sixteenth winter this season.

The planet is nothing but frozen wastelands now and we have approximately thirty days of summer a year now and during summer the ice and snow melts and grass grows in it's place. It can be quite beautiful but I much prefer the snow and ice to the green grasses and so does she. And by she I mean the white ghost wolf.

Sorry for the shortness of this chapter but I was unsure of if this story would be a hit or if anyone would want me to continue with this criticism is welcome please tell me if u think I should continue