my names not ashley

"run ashley! run!" i jolted awake from one of the nightmares, drenched in cold sweat with tears staining my pale complexion. its not really happening. i told myself. i breathed out deeply and lay back on my pillow, i looked over to my clock to see the time, 5:59am, im gonna have to get up in 20mins anyway, but i decide to procrastinate getting ready for my new school. new school, yay! ((note the sarcasm)) i havent seen anything but the inside of my bedroom walls for two months as i havent really gotten out of bed. i lie staring at my ceiling thinking about everything to ever happen to me.

knock knock

"ashley, darling its time for you to get up and get ready" ruby told me. "you dont wanna be late for your new school do you?" i grunted in response and pulled my covers over my head again, curling into a ball. "ashley... come on, you need to make friends and see people." no i dont. but i begrudgingly got out of bed for her.

"my names not ashley." i corrected her. "its halsey, ruby please get out my room so i can get changed." ruby complied and left me to get ready. i slipped out my oversized arctic monkeys tee and looked in my cupboard, dresses, skirts, blouses... so... girly. i pulled out some leggings and another oversized arctic monkey tee and put them on. i slipped on my wristbands to cover the scars on my wrists and pulled on a hoodie for warmth. it was september and i always wore a hoodie, regardless of the weather. i brushed my teeth and tied my long, wavy dirty blonde hair into a messy bun, not really caring what i looked like. i looked at my reflection, my dark brown eyes were hollow and i had dark circles which i wasnt bothered to correct. i picked up my eyeliner and did a thin stripe on the top eyelid, gently flicking the tip so i got a wing. thats gonna have to do, i guess. i trudged out my bathroom back into my bedroom where i grabbed my phone and threw it into my black fall out boy rucksack and slung it over my shoulders. i went downstairs to a cheery ruby and robin. they took me in in july, when i was 17. i was thankful, they saved me from misery. they didnt force me to call them mum and dad, and they were okay with me calling them ruby and robin. they had been together since they were in high school, i want to find love like that one day. i said bye and walked out the house without eating and started making my way to my new school. i had no idea where i was going, but i decided to follow the crowd of people who looked around my age and hope to end up at the right place. i plugged my headphones in and played R U Mine? on full blast as i walked down the street. it was only when the song finished, that i ended up at my school. i stood in front of the gates and sighed deeply as i dragged my feet across the concrete to reception.

"hi, im the new student here?" i told the receptionist as happily as i could.

"name."

"hal- ashley frangipane" i told her, she glared at me coldly and handed me my timetable for the week.

"have a great time ashley, if you need anything, just stop by." the receptionist said sarcastically. stupid bitch.

i looked at my timetable, music first. hell yes. room f21. i figured out fairly quickly f21 would be on the first floor, and fairly quickly it would be next to room f20 and f22. i was right and i made my way to the music room. i opened the door and was greeted by 16 pairs of eyes, all of them fixed on me. "you must be ashley!" the teacher chirped.

"my names not ashley" i told him.

"okay, what is your name?"

"my name is halsey."

"halsey, go sit next to michael." he pointed to a boy with red hair and a pale complextion. i stared at him emotionless for a few seconds. "what are you waiting for?" i shook my head to snap out my train of thought and sat down next to michael.

"hi halsey, im michael and im punk rock."

-+-+-+-+-

HEY GUYS!! NEW FANFIC!! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER??
VOTE++COMMENT IF YOU WANT MOREE :))

lets thanks SomeWeirdChik for making my cover!! tysm tae,, ily!! xx

-anny'xo