• Chapter One •

Start from the beginning

~~

Valeria

 I was super excited about Miami. J was going to probably collaborate with some artists down there and do a couple interviews, and I was going to meet up with some video producers. While Jermaine raps for a living, I choreograph music videos. I also have my own clothing line that hasn't been doing much. But I partially came down here so that could change.

Jermaine was knocked the fuck out in his seat and I just layed back and wondered what Jarvis was doing right about now. Me and him have been off and on for about a year now. Partially because of our careers but we tend to make time together. He's been crazy busy with promoting his single 'Make a little Room'.

I support him 110% but things have been a little shakey. I wish things were different but like Rita, he had a problem that my best friend was 'J.cole'. It irritated the hell out of me though.

I used to have a little thing for J.cole in high school and when we went off to college but that was short lived. He was living his life and it was time I lived mine. The feelings drifted off and it was whatever. The only interest he has ever shown in me was when we were 8 and he kissed me. That was 15 years ago.

When we finally made it to Miami I couldn't wait to go to the beach. I had packed all my bathing suits and I was ready to go. Jermaine and I were going to hit this party later tonight but we had plenty of time until then. We shared a hotel suit, and it was actually really nice.

 "The hell are you wearing?" J. Cole asked walking into my room. He had on a white beater and some cargos.

"A bathing suit.." I said putting lotion on my legs. Girl can't be going to the beach ashy.

"That is not a bathing suit Valeria. That's a string."

"Why you tripping cuhh."

"Ain nobody tripping. But when every nigga in Miami beach tries to hit don't be mad."

"Shut up bum. I'm gunna put on some shorts when we leave."

Jermaine shook his head and sat on the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing?"

He picked up my phone and started scrolling.

"Jermaine Cole give me back my phone!" He stood up and kept scrolling.

"What? Your scared Imma see some freaky shit you and Jarvis be talking about?" 

"J give it back! I don't go through your shit."

"That's cause you can't Val. Unfortunately my password isn't my birthday."

"Give it back!"

Why the hell is this negro so tall? I reached for it and he held it above my head.

"I dare you to try and get it." He said swinging it above my head.

"You know I hate you right." I jumped for it and didn't get anywhere close to reaching it. "Stop playing Bert and give me my shit." I laughed.

"Why you gotta be a heartless nigga?" J said touching his chest like I hurt him or some shit. I pinched his nipple and with out him realizing he brought his other hand down. I snatched my phone away.