Love in America

Love in America

"meet me underneath the IHOP sign." JTX sang on the radio and I could feel my body jumping to the beat.

I was still dancing when I heard a nock on the door,

"coming!" I yelled over the music as I turned the volume down and ran to the bedroom door.

"I see your not at all worked for tomorrow." my mother stated, raising an eyebrow.

"of course I'm not, I dont have to worry about friends.of course, who WOULDN'T want to be friends with me." I said looking at my mom with a surprised expression, we both burst out laughing.

"okay, I'm sure you'll be good, but what about sam?" she asked Once we had gotten over out little outburst, "How's she doing?"

Sam was my ten year old Tom-boy sister. I doubt that even if she was scared of going to a new school you would be able to tell.

"she's fine mom, now out! I got to get ready for tomorrow." I said shoving her out of my room.

"okay but-" "good night mom!" I said. Pushing her out the door and shutting it behind her.

I sighed as I looked around my new room.                                                                                                       

Ya, I’m fine.                                                                                                                                                               

We moved here in the middle of the summer, my mom was getting a divorce with my dad and she felt we needed a start-over. I didn’t mind, the only one who really minded was sam, she always felt close to my dad and she had no idea why they needed a divorce And We where going to keep it that way for a while.

I looked in the mirror, examining myself .

I had put on a black tee with New York written on it in big letters, some cut-off jean shorts that only reached to my mid-thighs, and some purple gladiators. I also had blow-dried my natural black hair straight so it reached my mid-back.

I smiled in approval, I hoped people here in America wore stuff like this. if not, I was dead.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and started digging in to my breakfast.

I finished it in about five minuets, what? Canadians are big eaters. *(no offence intended!)*

my sister eyed me suspiciously when I stood to get my back-pack.

"What are you wearing?" she asked snorting.

"Just the latest and greatest fashion," I said smirking, "I can take you shopping for something later today." that shut her up.

I ran out of the house, shouting goodbye to my mom.

I smiled as I saw what was sitting in the front lawn, a black motorcycle. Wow I love my mom.

I climbed on and turned the key, I speed out of the drive way at an alarming speed. Feeling pure bliss *(he-he, pun, you’ll get it later)* as the rush of wind hit my face, blowing my hair underneath my helmet back.

Biking was always one of my things, I guess it was because of the adrenalin rush it gave me. He-

no, don’t think about that, its over now. This is a fresh start. I thought turning my focus to getting to getting there without running into a poll.

Before I knew it I was parked outside a big grey building. I hopped off my motercycle and pulled off my helmet.

I ran my fingers through my hair before turning back to the school.

"Salem District High" the sign over the door read, with the fraise "for a smarter generation" underneath it.

That’s not pressuring at all I thought sarcastically, wait, how did my inside voice become so sarcastic all of the sudden?

I have to stop thinking like this I thought. Shaking my head at myself.

"Hey, are you new?" I male sounding voice said from behind me. I blushed. I must have looked weird, shaking my head at myself. "Ya-" When I looked at him it hit me, you know, like when your shopping and you accidentally push a door that clearly says pull on it and are confused for a few minuets than embarrassed because the sails clerk is looking at you like "what the heck?. Ya, like that ,minus the embarrassment of course. I shook myself out of my thoughts.

"I'm-" I looked around the now deserted hall, "-bliss."