1765

**After dinner..

I was going to tell Luke about the favor that I wanted from him, but sounds of big crowds approaching interrupted me. All the servants in the castle gathered at the king's hall, they ran to the windows to see what was going on. Fire broke everywhere in the city.

One of the servants shouted " la guerre se rapproche!!"

"non, c'est impossible." Another one replied.

"le feu, où est notre roi?"

They all kept talking about an approaching war, the fire that was spreading everywhere, and they asked about the king. Luke and I were watching from the dining room then we joined the servants. "Luke where are you going?" I said feeling scared.

"I have to announce an immediate meeting with my knights, someone is taking advantage of my city's current situation and is trying to wage war. I must put a stop to him." He replied.

"I'm coming with you, maybe I can help with my powers."

"No you must stay here, where it is safe."

"I wasn't asking for permission, I am coming," I said looking at his eyes.

"Fine, but promise to stay close." he said raising his eyebrows. I nodded and we went to the meeting room.

We met with the knights and formed a strategy, stating that we must first send a messenger to warn the enemy, then act according to the reply we receive. We did and the head of the messenger was sent to the castle, only the head!.

"C'est scandaleux," one of the knights said.

Then they started to shout "Guerre" war, war, war... we wore our armors and got ready for battle. I wore a lady's armor that belonged to Luke's mother, and he gave me her sword, it was light but the metal it was made from was very strong and sharp. The gates opened, an army of trained young men and women stood behind Luke and the archers took their marks.

"Good luck." I said to Luke giving him a comforting smile indicating that everything was going to be fine.

"For me and you, my lady." Luke said as he bowed a little, then he wore his helmet, rode his horse and marched forward to battle followed by his army.

We clashed with the enemy, we had a good fight, then I got hit by a sword. A drop of blood fell, then my wound healed. The drop of blood, however, formed a shield, the shield was so light yet mighty it was covered with pure gold, and had the power to rebound any hit double its strength on the enemy.

It came to my mind then that the key of universe is real and all the things I've experienced were only the way the key works, opening a door for me away from facing danger.

Luke's army fought bravely and was very strong, but we kept losing men as the enemies' number increased. Despair began to sneak to my heart, but it seemed to have brought more strength through the key, I felt the power of our army growing , as if every man had the strength of ten.

Within few hours the war ended with victory, none of the enemy's army survived except their leader; he was young about 32 years old, arrogant, and conceited. He wore a golden armor decorated with green emeralds and he was wearing a crown, which gave us the idea that he was a royalty, not just an army leader selected by a King, he was the king.

Luke grabbed him by the neck, shouting at him "who are you? And what is the purpose of this war?"

The defeated leader looked at him in despise and said "I am le vrai roi de France, I am Phillip Dee Trey."

"Qu'est ce que tu dis? c'est faux" he looked troubled and angry then he added " Je suis le roi de France, et je n'ai plus un frère."

"On contraire, tu as un frère, et c'est moi." He stared at Luke in his eyes with a challenging look.

"oh oui, je peux voir ci." Luke said in sarcasm then he ordered the guards to put Phillip in prison.

So the defeated leader was claiming to be Luke's brother and the true king of France, and Luke didn't take it well and put him in prison. So as exhausted and unable to think clearly I was, I asked Luke "Why did you put your brother in prison?"

He glared at me then said in anger "I don't have a brother, no one ever mentioned that I did and I knew whole my life that I was an only child. And even if there was a possibility for him to be my brother, what kind of a brother that chooses swords instead of words facing the brother he never met?"

"You've a good point." I said with an innocent smile, then I added "what are you going to do now?"

"Investigate in the matter." He replied as he took a heavy breath.

"Okay, let's be Sherlock Holmes and his lovely assistant." I said grinning trying to be funny to remove the pressure.

"Who?" He said without even removing a muscle.

"Uhmm, never-mind that, now to more important stuff, you still need the staff, I still have the sign on my hand, and I'm now certain that I do have the key, I just feel it in my bones."

"Yes, I feel it too, and it is getting stronger."

"You know the only problem is that I don't control it. It acts by its own and it scares me but it only does what it does for protecting me. Yet I wish I knew how to control it and knew more about it."

"I have an idea, we can travel back in time to the time when that ancient book I read about the key was being written and know more about the key from the author." Luke said cheerfully.

I jumped with enthusiasm saying "Great idea" then added "then we can go to the time of your claimed brother birth and know the truth about the matter of question here."

Luke said " yeah when I recover from the exhaustion from this war, we will do that and by the way, I can control whether to be visible at the journey of time travelling or not, but I must decide before going as I can not change from being visible to invisible while I am there."

"Great, now let's go to our rooms and have some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day." I said, then we went to get some rest.

To be continued.............