Chapter 1

“Aubrey… Aubrey…”

            I felt hands on my shoulder shaking me a little.

I tried to open my eyes but all I saw was a blur. Then out of nowhere I saw a light shining through the blurriness. I didn’t know if I was seeing the light or if I was just imagining it, but when my eyes finally focused I noticed I was in a hospital bed., A doctor shining his pinpoint light in my eye.

            “W-w-what… what happened?” I said as I was feeling a bit confused. I tried to move but my mom gently laid me back down.

            “Please don’t move honey…” she kept her hand on my shoulder. Her hand was shaking I could tell she was worried. “You were in a car crash.”

            I looked down at my body to see if anything was hurt or even worse missing. When I touched my forehead I could feel there were stitches. I had a few scrapes and bruises, but there was nothing major wrong with me. Then it hit me.

“Where is Diana?” I looked around the room scared; I didn’t want anything to happen to her. “Mom where is Diana? Where is she… did anything bad happen to her?”

            She looked away and removed her hand from my shoulder. I felt like something bad had happened to her and I was anxious to know if she was okay.

            “She’s been hurt worse than you…” She said her voice breaking a bit as she looked at me. “She’s in surgery right now.”

I felt like crying because Diana was my best friend. I’ve told her so much that has happened in my life. We did everything together.

            “Aubrey!” I immediately looked up to see the teacher mad that I wasn’t paying attention.

I can’t help that I have this nightmare of the day that my best friend died. Mr. Matthew was a pain in my ass. He is my U.S. History teacher.

I raised my eyebrow and took a deep breath staring at him. There was nothing more that I hated than to reply to him.

“Yes sir?” I said nicely, faking it.

            He pointed to the board and I looked to where he was pointing.

            “Would you like to answer this question? You must be hard at work thinking of the answer?” He glared at me.

I wish I could break that finger of his off of his hand. Maybe he wouldn’t be a smart ass and point things out.

            “I would gladly like to answer your question, Mr. Matthew.” I rose from my seat and walked up to the board.

I grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote my answer to the question in full detail. I then looked at him and smiled. I pay attention in every class and every day he tries his best to think I don’t. He cleared his throat.

            “Okay thank you, you may go take your seat.” I walked away and I returned a high five to my friend Erica as I walked past her.

            After class let out I went to my friend Syanne’s locker. She is the most amazing person I’ve ever met. In fact I first saw her in Mr. Matthew’s class…

            She was a new student and when I was sitting down she walked in. I stared over at her direction for a while. I couldn’t believe my eyes. She was stunning.

            She had beautiful dark brown hair that was layered and medium. Her eyes were the most gorgeous eyes I’ve ever seen… they looked exactly like the color of my birthstone; peridot which was a light green. Her body figure was curvy and tall. That was sexy to me. It takes a lot for me to be attracted to someone, and for some reason she’s the only girl I’ve found this attractive… ever. She had hair like mine. The only difference I saw was that my eyes were blue.