My Mystery

This is a project from my english class so I decide to put it up here for others to read. Tell me what you think and comment and vote! Thanks for reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Slowly I opened my eyes to scan the room, no one was here, I continued to hear the sound of beeping that woke me up just moments ago, where am I? I turned my head down and saw I had a cast around my arm, bandages around my pelvis and a lot of bruises around my whole body. I try to get off the hard bed I was laying on but I felt pain shoot though me as I moved. Before I could make another move I collapse onto the bed and scrunched up my face in pain and try to get back to my original spot. The voices I heard outside the door sounded blurry as I continue to go in and out of conscience. I didn’t know where I was until I realize I was wearing a hospital gown, I appeared to be in the hospital, why though? I closed my eyes to concentrate and try to remember what happen but nothing came to mind. As I open my eyes again I saw a women looking at my monitor at the side of my bed.

“Water… Can I get some water?” I ask finally using my voice and stretching out my arm to grab her.

She turned quickly with her eyes widened and made a surprise sound “You’re awake?” She asks before clicking a small red button on an intercom.

“Emergency how can I help you?”

“Yes, this is Nurse Claire in room 208 the patient in this room has just awakened and we need a doctor in here stat.”

“Don’t worry the doctor will be here soon.” she tells me before helping me sit up and giving me a cup of cold water.

I grabbed the cup and gulp downs the water and it was done before the doctor busted into the room. He walked straight to the nurse to get my paper work and pulled her aside to talk about my situation. “Ms.Knight, how are you feeling? Can you move?” He asks me.

“I’m fine but it hurts to get up. Why am I here, what happened to me?” I replied while trying to sit up straight.

“You don’t remember why you are here?” He asks while my mother burst through the door crying.

“Scarlett honey, thank god you’re up. How do you feel?” she ask in agony while reaching for my hand.

“Mom...mom what’s going on? Why am I here? Why won’t any one answer me?”

“Honey...um, you where raped and kidnapped for a month.” she said while bursting into tears

“What are you talking about? NO, you’re wrong the last thing I remember was being in my dorm room!” I screamed

“Ms.Knight I’m afraid what your mother said is true and you have been in a coma for a week.”

“How can this be I don’t remember anything.” I cried out

“Doctor is something wrong with my daughter. Why can’t she remember anything?”

“It seems to me that she has repress memory, the event was so traumatic that she forgot everything that happened. She might remember again after some time has passed or after a series of events trigger her memories. I’m sorry there nothing else I can do, Ms. Knight may leave after some tests and a couple of days.”

After that my mother left the room with the doctor to discus some more. Nurse Claire gave me some more medicine to fall asleep and left the room. The days went by a blur and every day was pretty much the same. I was either having a lot of different tests done or I would fall in and out of conscience. My mother decide I should take a break from college and live back at home until I felt ready or at least felt safe to go back to school. You’d think that after a week they’d catch the guy who violated my being, well they never did. The police had hoped I would lead them to who did it after I regained conscience, but I forgot everything making it impossible for the police to even suspect someone. We all know the police business they don’t care they just want money in their pockets. I’m not sure how I feel about everything, the thought of me being raped it all seems so surreal. The only moment it seems real is when I look in the mirror and see the left over scars. I remember when I first came home. I was anxious to look at myself in the mirror for the first time. My skin wasn't as glowing as it usually was I looked pale and sick. My dark red hair was dry and it looked dead, my light green eyes shattered in fear because of the image that bestowed upon my vision. I felt the reality of things wasn’t all smiles and cheers anymore. It didn’t help to discover new marks on my body that I knew I never had before. Maybe if I found out who did it and why, I can start to feel some hate or pain. It has been two weeks since I came home. I spent most of my time in my room but my friends from school come over to visit once in a while. Right now the only thing I can do is read every book I own over and over again to pass the time.