I Spy One Direction: CHAPTER FIFTY SIX Part 1

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX Part 1: Karaoke Night

We were having dinner at the Karaoke Room, and from what I can tell everyone was having a lot of fun. They were singing, laughing, kidding around and simply being themselves.

“Katy, why don’t you go up the stage and sing something for us.” Niall said. And before I could respond, Simon asked, “Wait, you can sing?”

I opened my mouth to answer, but Niall beat me up to it, “Oh yeah Simon, she can sing, I can tell you that. I heard her sing before and she’s awesome. And if she’s not a spy she’ll probably end up as a singer.”

“Wow, remind me to get you as my Public Relations person.” I said as I laughed. “And by the way, you over estimate me.”

“Just go up there and sing, will you?” Simon said with a snob look. I suddenly got this nervous feeling that I’m in X-Factor and I’m going to be judge by Simon Cowell.

I stood up from my seat, and began to walk towards the stage, I can seriously feel my heart throbbing. I mean, I’m used to singing with my friends, but Simon? Well, he’s different isn’t he?

“What’s your song choice?” zayn asked as he bit his lower lip. I looked at him and gained confidence, I smiled and answered, “Run by Snow Patrol and can you make it one tone higher? Thanks.”

**Check the lower right side of this page, for the video/music (Let’s pretend that the singer “Katharine McPhee” is Katy’s voice)

I held the microphone tightly as the song began, I just wish that I wouldn’t mess this up big time. I stared at wall behind them, I just didn’t feel like looking at Simon and the boys.

“I sing it one last time for you. And we really have to go, you’ve been the only thing that’s right in all I’ve done.” I sang as I looked from the wall to Zayn, thinking that maybe I could gain more confidence.

“And I can barely look at you, but every single time I do, I know we’ll make it anywhere, away from here.” I smiled at Zayn, as he smiled back.

“Light up, light up.” I sang as I looked at the spotlight at the wall behind them, and I raised my left hand to the air, with the right hand holding the microphone.

“As if you have a choice, even if you can not hear my voice.” I sang, as I closed my eyes, for momentum.

“I’ll be right beside you dear. Ohhh, louder, louder, and we’ll run for our lives.” I sang as I opened my eyes and looked at Simon with his finger on his temple, giving me the serious look.

“I can’t hardly speak I understand,” I sang as I placed my hand down to my side. “Why you can’t raise your voice to say.” I sang with full emotions. Feeling that this song was part of me, and for this moment, I truly believed that it was.

“To think I might not see those eyes.” I sang as I looked into Niall’s eyes, and I really have to admit that he does have very beautiful eyes, but then I felt something stronger, which made me looked at Zayn.

“Makes it so hard not to cry.” But it somehow felt wrong to me so I decided to look away.

“And as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.” I sang as I looked down on my feet.

“Light up, light up.” I sang as I raised my head facing the spotlight and raised my hand again.

“As if you have a choice” I sang as I looked into my hand, making it as I symbol, that I wished I had a choice.

“Even if you cannot hear my voice.” I sang as I placed my hand back on my side.

“I’ll be right beside you dear. Oohh, louder, louder and we’ll run for our lives, I can hardly speak I understand, why you can’t raise your voice to say.” I sang somehow feeling that I can relate to this song.

“oooohhhhh...... ohhhhhh..... ooooohhhhh... ohhhhh...” I sang as I raised my left arm in the air, and started waving it, and to my surprise the boys were doing it as well.

“light up, light up.” I sang, as I placed my arm back on my side and looked up again.

“As if you have a choice, even if you can not hear my voice, I’ll be right beside you dear.”

When the song ended, everyone was silent; I was beginning to think if it was that bad.