Riding a bike

Alistair drove to the coast of England, the area seemed peaceful. It looked like the kind of place people go to retire, far away from the urban buzz of other places such as London .

"Right then what's op ,time to see if this knee pad really works or if it's just a Hollywood prop." Robert said whilst glancing at his leg.
"Indeed, well the men in that house are lead by a former IRA commander by the name Liam O'Brien and they intend on boarding a ferries to Paris." Alistair said lighting a cigarette.

"And what I'm going to have to ruin their little vacation." Robert said looking at the house. He was looking for vulnerabilities in the building. He quickly looked at the blue prints of the house and he spotted key points where he could place high power explosives that would bring the house down. There's one problem, not the explosion itself with Roberts training it would have been a beauty of a boom, but rather the PR nightmare that would follow an explosion that most only get to see in movies or first person shooters.

Robert also thought about waiting until the house opposite the target resistance was unoccupied and set up a Barrett 50 calibre sniper rifle, with a silencer of course and observe the target resistance and eliminate the targets through the Windows when the opportunity presents itself. But to certain nobody would be home when he would plan on 'Admiring' his targets from afar he'd need to survey the house for weeks, that's not an option the targets need to die tonight. Robert has a much simpler plan.

"Wait here I'll get it done in about 15 minutes." Robert said confidently, he then proceeded to take a Browning High Power out of the dashboard and screw on a silencer." Rob you just stared at the map for five minutes you can't possibly have a plan already...what am I saying of course you do, tell you what i'll go grab a coffee and you can meet me when you're done, oh and if you interrogate Liam that would be splendid." Allister said as they both stepped out the car.

Robert walked down the street, he could feel the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Five years, five years of life on civie street and he couldn't tolerate another moment. A part of him still wonders if it's been too long, a part of him wonders if he's lost his edge. Robert took his Browning HP out it's holster, as he cocked the gun and he saw the engraving on the slide that read 'Who dares wins'. Robert was ready for action, some are content to live out their lives safely within the confines of society but others don't truly feel alive unless the odds are completely stacked against them and their lives hang in the balance.

Robert opened the door with a set of Bobby pins ,he turned to his right and he made brief eye contact with a target he tried to grab his AK-47 but Robert quickly put five rounds in his torso .He moved towards the body and then he patted him down for intel. Robert took his ID and phone. Robert stared at the man for a while, he probably saw action in The Troubles but that was a long time ago, that became more apparent when Robert saw all the blood flowingout his beer belly.

Robert heard someone making there way downstairs, he turned a corner towards the staircase and a target that was twice Roberts size wrestled him for control of the gun.The target repeatedly punched Robert in the head, Robert shoot him six times in the chest but his target had a heavy bulletproof vest on. The two ferociously wrestled for the handgun, Robert used anything that wasn't nailed down to regain control of the weapon.

Robert's breathing was getting heavier and more frequent, all of the Krav Maga training in the world won't completely compensate for old age. Then out of nowhere the target delivered a powerful jab to Robert's rib cage, normally it wouldn't have been so bad but the target managed to dislodge a piece of shrapnel that had been stuck in Roberts torso for about fifteen years, Robert could see the large blood stains emerge on his white shirt and he knew he couldn't keep this up much longer. Luckily his targets lack of formal training began to show when he simply threw haymakers around like a ten year old, this gave Robert the opening he needed to slam him to the ground, the man hit his head directly on the staircase and was out cold. Robert simply Grabbed his trusty Browning and finished the large man off with no remorse.

Robert went up the stairs and reload his gun simultaneously, the man he plans to take alive has barricaded himself in the attic, Robert fired five rounds at the attic door in quick succession, he heard the lock pop out of place and all the junk his target used to barricade the attic door fell out. Robert quickly dogged before the junk hit him in the head.

The attic ladder also fell down and Robert climbed the ladder with his gun close to his shoulder, Robert had a feeling Liam would try and get the drop on him so he fired a few rounds before he popped his head out. Liam darted away out of fear. The attic was in complete darkness, but like anyone who served in the SAS the dark is where Robert shines.

Liam drew his gun and fired at where he thought Robert might be.
Robert started to traverse the attic as silently as a cat, he could hear the wiz of bullets over his head. Liam emptied one magazine after the next but then, (click,click)
His heart sank,he knew some dark skinned giant was still out to get him and he knew he didn't hit shit.
He started to sweat fiercely and his heart could burst out of his chest.

He felt a tiny prick in his neck and it his whole body began to feel heavy,his balance was going and he was trying his best to fight the inevitability of his eyes slamming shut.

Liam woke up tied to a metal chair in the middle of a dark and slightly damp warehouse.
"Ello Mr. O'Neill can I call you Liam?" Robert was now wearing a kiss the cook apron, SAS gas mask and black rubber gloves. "Ah you're the strong silent type, well Liam the sooner you tell me who hired you to orchestrate a terrorist attack in Paris, well the fewer holes you'll have in yah." The gas mask had altered Roberts voice making him sound more intimidating than usual if that's even possible.

"I'm not telling shite!" Liam shouted in defiantly in a thick Irish accent as Robert opened a red tool box and grabbed a drill, after a few revs Liam was sweating.
"Fuck you!" Liam shouted just before the drill entered his ribs. The blood covered Roberts gloves and was scattered across his apron.
"That's the best you've got, I uh expected more from a black ops psycho." Liam said trying and failing to save face.
Robert took a car battery out of the tool box and placed it on the floor, he then connected crocodile clips to the battery and Liam's metal chair. All of a sudden Liam could hear a loud humming sound that only got louder.

Liam was sweating like a pig, his heart was beating out of his chest and his hands were trembling.
"Tell me who hired you or you'll become a conductor." Robert said with his finger hovering over the battery.
"Go to hell!" Liam shouted.
"Ah so predictable." Robert laughed then he started the battery Liam screamed like a new born, his skin started to make a crackling sound and
veins all over his body jumped up and his eyes looked like they'd fall out their sockets any minute now.

Robert knew if he didn't stop Liam would start smoking so he quickly turned the battery off but Liam was foaming at the mouth."Look we were hired by some Russian guy." Liam said stuttering
"Well does this 'Russian guy' have a name?" Robert said on one knee.
"I don't know I swear, my brother dealt with him he'll know." Liam said struggling to raise his head before he gave up and then it dropped as If a puppeteer let go of his strings.

"Alright where can I find him." Robert said snapping his fingers.
"The Hammered Swine, it's a pub just outside Belfast." Liam mumbled but this time he couldn't raise his head.
"Cheers mate I know the place." Robert said just before he shot Liam between the eyes. Robert thought that because he'd been retired for so long all the killing he'd done today would affect him,But for Robert killing was just like riding a bike.