Why Does This Have to Happen to Me?

{Ronnie's POV}

The Next Day~

As the morning light from my bedroom window began to shine through the curtains, I slowly opened my eyes. I rolled over and looked at the clock on my bedside table. It read 10:46; I groaned. It was nearly lunch time and I still wasn't feeling up to getting ready. I reached below me on the floor and grabbed my phone from it's charger. I sent a group text to the guys.

 Hey, no practice today. I need to go take care of something. We'll reschedule it later

Okay, so I lied. I didn't really have anything to take care of, but I don't want to be around the guys today. I don't really want to be around anyone. I just need to be alone. With everything that happened with Julie yesterday, I really just need sometime to myself to calm down. Maybe I could even get in a little time to write some more lyrics . . . yeah, I think that's what I'll do.

I slowly rolled off of my bed and threw a shirt over my head before sauntering down to the recording studio in the basement. I walked over to the futon and grabbed my notebook from the armrest before sitting down. I opened the book, and as I did, my favorite pen rolled onto my lap. I slightly smiled as I picked it up; I held it against the paper and waited for the lyrics to hit me like they usually do.

I don't know how long I sat there, but I do know that it was a long time. And not once did my hand even twitch to write anything on the paper. This is impossible  . . . I thought to myself. I shook my head. I might as well not even write the song. The deadline is in less than two weeks, and I can barely even come up with the chorus.

I sighed to myself, and closed my notebook with the pen inside. I set it next to me and slumped over in frustration.

As I sat in silence for a few minutes, I tried to think of things that would inspire me, but my mind was blank. I cracked my knuckles as I continued to wrack my brain. I happened to glance down, and that's when I knew what I needed to do. I ran upstairs, taking them two at a time, back up to my room. I grabbed my phone and called up my favorite tattoo shop downtown.

Drew: Studio Five Tattoo and Piercing Warehouse, how can I help you?

Me: Hey Drew, it's Ronnie. Listen man, remember that owl tattoo we talked about a while back? Well I wanna get it. Like, today. You think Andie could hook me up?

Drew: Oh, sorry man. Andie got fired last month. I caught her smoking pot in my shop, so I had to let her go.

Me: Aw, man, that sucks. But I really wanted to get this done today . . .

Drew: Don't worry, I got you. We got this new chick that took Andie's place. She just started yesterday, and she's already done three tattoos that were amazing. And you should see her portfolio, she's way better than Andie. She'll do you up real nice.

Me: For real? That's great. What time could she fit me in?

Drew: Well, she has an eleven o'clock appointment, but she should be done at around . . . two, I would say? Swing by at around two thirty and we can get you going.

Me: Thanks Drew, I owe you one.

Drew: Don't you always? *Laughs*

After that he hung up the phone. I felt instantly relieved.

Getting new tattoos always help me relax. And they give me inspiration too; while I'm getting it done, my mind is clear and I'm able to think. This'll be great.

~ Juliet's POV 2:16 P.M. ~

I just finished up my fourth ever client, and was now sitting in my chair reading. Just as I was about to end another chapter, my boss, Drew, pushed my curtain aside and popped his head in, "hey, just wanted to let you know, I scheduled you for an appointment at two-thirty. I would've told you earlier, but I didn't want to pull you out of 'the zone' when you were working on Mark."