14

The people of the Ark were enthusiastic about moving into the Capitol. Rumours have gotten around that Polis looked like a gigantic forest with tree-houses, or some fantasize it to be just a big land with many tents surrounded by trees. Clarke almost laughed when she heard it herself while walking in the corridor. That would have been her before she visited Polis, and now that she have seen the Capitol, she cannot imagine it to be woodland. But she didn't correct them. She allowed their imagination to run wild.

The Commander had personally come down to Camp Jaha to escort all of them to the Capitol together with some Grounders. Clarke was happy to see her lover again, after being apart for nine days. When she received the message on the third day that the proposal for the Sky peoples can live among them has been approved, she squealed in delight and called for her people to gather.

"You can't seem to hide your emotion well," Lexa teased, walking towards her. When their distance was close enough, she planted a kiss on her girlfriend's forehead. Clarke only beamed further, pleased with the affection. She tipped on her toe and crashes her own lips with Lexa. The brunette smiled into the kiss approvingly. Apparently, Clarke isn't the only who misses their lack of physical intimacy over the last couple of days. They only pulled away when they heard someone cleared their throat behind them. Clarke could see Abby from where she is standing while Lexa had to turn around.

"I don't know what to feel about this," the Chancellor confessed. "The Council would like a word with you, Commander. Though I will leave it to Kane to do the talking."

"Then I'm sure it is more than just a word," Lexa joked, leaving a bemused Abby. The older woman was definitely relatively new to the playful side of the Commander. Clarke felt more proud than ever. "I'll be back for you," Lexa winked before making her way out.

When it became two instead of three, Abby shot Clarke a skeptical look and the blonde-haired girl felt the heat rushing into her cheeks. She hasn't actually told her mother about her relationship with Lexa though she wasn't subtle about it, dropping clues whenever she felt like it. And obviously, mother knows best. In hopes of getting Abby to like Lexa, she revealed that Lexa never betrayed them and explained to her what truly happened. She begged her mom not to tell anyone, but wouldn't be surprised if a Council member knew - and especially Kane.

She also didn't wave off the fact that Kane might possibly have feelings for her mom. Or her mom might possibly have feelings for Kane. At least they no longer disagree with one another, and if they did, it might be considered a banter instead. Though she felt kind of sad for her dad, she knows that her mom had to move on eventually and there wouldn't be a better man for her if it's not Kane.

"- hear me?"

"Huh?" Clarke muttered, embarrassed that she didn't catch her mom's question. Abby shook her head, obviously knowing that the blonde-haired girl had drifted to her own thoughts. Clarke frowned when her mom didn't say anything and merely walked out of the room, leaving her more confused than ever. Then she remembered that Abby was not particularly fond of repeating the things she said unless she wanted to make a point.

•••

"Octavia, no!" Clarke screamed when she jumped into the water. "Do you not remember what happened the last time you wanted to take a swim?"

"For goodness sake, Clarke, it's a swimming pool. There's only water," Raven rolled her eyes. Clarke was worried still. The ground is still a very confusing place to be in. Raven jumped into the pool next and Clarke gasped dramatically when the water splashes her face.

"We are fine, see!" Octavia exclaimed, her expression was bright when she lifted the water into her hands and pressed it to her face. "Just jump, you coward!"