Chapter 1

Song:

"Sorry" by Justin Bieber

*******************************************************************************************

Divorced Parents

Presents (Seventeen Years Later) :

"Mom! Dad's here!" My eldest daughter yelled from downstairs. As I pulled my long dark brown hair into a messy tangled ponytail, I skipped downstairs to kiss my kids goodbye for the weekend. Their father Eli is coming to pick them up for the weekend.

"You guys got everything?" I asked after I climbed down the stairs. "Yes, Momma." A chorus from all four of my children reached my ears. My eldest is Eleni and she took after her father more than me just like the rest of them. The only thing they got from me is my hazel eyes and olive colored skin.

Eleni has my hazel eyes and Eli's pitch black hair. She stood at a full height of 5'9 getting her height from her 6'3 father. I stood at a 5'5 being towered over by all three children except for one. Next in line is Ethan who is fifteen, only two years younger than Eleni. He looks like a full grown man since he hit puberty earlier than most. Full height of 5'7 and still growing. Those eyes of his held no emotions since the day Eli and I divorced. His curly black hair rested above is ear, his dark hazel eyes stared blankly at me.

Third in line is Eliot, who's ten years old with his boyish looks and deep dimples that came from Eli. He's the only one who inherited it and is lucky to have them. Evie is the youngest, the baby also a sweetheart. Four years old with my big round eyes nearly got her everything she wanted when she pouted.

I smiled as I approached my kids just as a banging noise came room the door causing me to jump in fright. Eleni chuckled and walked to the front door. I always get scared when Eli bangs on the door. I ran a hand over my face then checked to make sure Evie had all her stuff as she ran to her father's outreached hands.

"Hi, Daddy." She said wrapping her small arms around his thick neck after he picked her up. "Hey, baby girl." His deep raspy rough voice spoke softly to her. His voice was always so freaking deep and raspy, it's what got me to notice him. His tall and brooding figure stepped through the threshold giving off the dark and warm vibe. I stood a few feet from him, knowing my body will betray me.

"You guys ready." He asked them and they all nodded. I stood quietly as he sat Evie down on her feet. Eli has always gave off the strong and dark vibe but his personality was anything but. I was the only person he let in. The mess of black curls on his head was pulled down into a ponytail at the nape of his neck since he grew it out more.

His dark green eyes held only love and sadness as he gazed at his family in front of him. Eli and I divorced around the time Evie turned one. There was more than one reason that we divorced but I never talked about the main reason why we divorced. We have always got into fights, so many that Eleni would take the kids to the park across the street.

Everyone knew that I hate being confronted and yelled at. So every time we fought I would end up in a crying mess. I tend to throw things when I cry but then I would always back down when he grabs me. No, Eli has never laid a hand on me but he always grips so hard that he would leave bruises.

I always cried and got upset easily. Ever since I was a child I have always hated being yelled at or giving a stern talking to. Everyone close to me knew this. They all called me weak and fragile because I would get scared and emotional quick. Even at thirty-six,  I'm still the same.

I don't know how I fell for Eli, he was always scary and mean looking. He was a big time yeller, yelled at everyone that got in his line of vison. I guess it was because he was a big teddy bear and a sad man on the inside behind closed doors.