It Gets You Down

I wake to Vic squeezing my hand and quietly talking on the phone.The room is so bright,and I can't remember where I am.

"Ben calm down"Vic whispers

"They said she will be okay,just need to assess her and then she should be fine"He says

"Yeah,honest,so I will bring her back as soon as I can"Vic says

"Right okay,Bye,See you in a bit,yeah?Alright bye"Vic finishes the call clearly to Ben.

He stands up and comes closer to the bed and hugs me tight,pulling me close.

"Please never do that again Taylor,You scared us all so much"Vic says his voice going weak.

"I won't"I say as he pulls away.

"No you need to promise me that you won't,no matter what and if things really do get bad,talk to me please''He says his eyes now filling.

"Yeah,I Can't do it anymore,We've both been there sometimes,it gets you down,But Vic I promise I won't"I say holding out my pinky to him.

I soon gathered where I was and it hurt to know I put myself here.Vic walked off to get the doctor to tell him i'm awake.All I could do was lay there and do nothing.I waited 10 minutes just staring at the roof before Vic and the doctor came back.

''Hello,Miss Irwin,I'm Dr.Stilinski and I will be in charge of the care of you in this unit''The doctor says

''Oh i'm not planning on staying but it was good to meet you''I say politely

''I think you find you will be''The doctor says

''Erm no,you can't keep me here against my will,therefore i'm leaving,Vic will you get my things?''I say spinning my legs to get off the bed.

''We can and we will'' Stilinski says pushing my legs back onto the bed.

''Vic''I say as my eyes fill up.

''Taylor it's probably best if thats what the doctor says''Vic says looking at me his eyes filling up too.

''YOU CAN'T MAKE ME''I scream at the doctor with tears now falling.

''Miss Irwin you seriously hurt yourself,we need to sanction you''He says

''No,not against my will unless I attempted suicide,which I never,I never even meant to come to this place,It was an accident''I say trying to stop the tears

''Fine,if thats how you want it,GO,but if you kill yourself it's not my problem''He spits.

''Thanks''I say sarcastically.

I run to Vic and hug him tight not letting him go.I link his arm with Vic holding my bag and we walk out the room.We get into the car park before I realise I had a hospital gown on in which my arse was poking out the back.I pull it shut as much as I can and we flag down a taxi and climb inside to the place of the bus.