⌠Chapter 12⌡

Chapter 12

Tuesday at school Liam had a black eye. Come to think of it, he was also walking with a partial limp. What had happened? Had Peter and Josh.... oh my goodness, they had! The big smile that was now on my face probably made me look like a mad man - well woman - as I walked to school. 

Today this group of girls had decided to write nasty things on the bathroom stall door. The one I usually ate lunch in. When I left the bathroom at lunch they were all pointing and laughing. I just kept my chin up and shook it off. People were going to be mean but that didn't mean I had to believe all of it. 

Even with Peter's help on my new found attitude, it was getting harder and harder to ignore it all.

If you get told every single day that you're a freak, you start feeling like one.

If you get told your ugly so many times, you'll start believing it. 

If someone breaks your trust, it's hard to trust them again. 

The walk home was horrible, it was way hotter than usual. By the time I had made it home I held felt like I had completely melted. I quickly ran upstairs and started the shower, the temperature all the way to the cold side. I stepped under the shower, clothes and all and smiled. So much better

After I had changed I stopped by Peter's room and saw him and Josh playing video games. They were jumping all over the place even though they were playing with regular controllers. I stepped in front of the screen and they started yelling at me to move. They had such desperate and panicked looks on their faces, I busted out laughing. They looked hilarious! 

"What do you want!" Peter growled at me after he had paused the game. 

"Yeah, you made me die," Joshua said with an adorable pout. 

"You'll never guess what happened to Liam today," I smirked as they gave each other knowing smiles. It so was them. They caught on that I knew and started quickly spewing out explanations.

"That jerk so deserved it!" Josh exclaimed.

"You didn't deserve any of it!" Peter yelled.

"The guy was just asking for it!" Joshua growled.

"Guys, I'm not mad! I just wanted to thank you, it totally made me smile," I said with a smile.  

"Well good, 'cuz it was fun!" they both said at the same time. Then they looked at each other and glared which got me laughing all over again. 

"Explain it all to me!" I sat down on the floor and stretched out. 

"Well it wasn't really planned, actually. We were just getting pizza and saw him walking down the street. We just pulled him into an ally, explained how ticked off we were, and then, he just stood there. We punched him and kicked him and he didn't once fight back, it was strange. He just said that he deserved it all," Peter explained. 

"Really? He didn't even yell at you?" I asked bewildered. I couldn't believe that he hadn't fought back. 

"Nope, not a word," Josh answered. 

I frowned. Why hadn't he fought back? He knew how to punch so why not defend himself? What was up with him saying that he deserved it? Did that mean he felt guilty about everything? "Who gave him the black eye?" I asked after I had gotten over the shock of it. 

Josh proudly raised his hand with a big smile on his face. "Good work Joshie." I winked at him and he frowned at me. 

 "It's Joshua..." he mumbled. 

I just stuck my tongue out and left.

I was really touched that Josh would take part in this too. I started thinking of him as my brother now too. Well, Peter was still going to be number one though.  

I had called up Natalie again and we were going to go surfing, but we ended up just trashing Liam the whole time. She was completely furious that he would do that and wanted to go punch him herself. The whole time I just had this nagging feeling in me that he had a reason for doing what he did. 

Whatever the reason was, it better have been darn good because he had ruined the rest of my senior year. 

He even had the nerve to try and talk to me! He was looking at me all the time too. I never really got to see the expression on his face though, because I looked away too fast.

I couldn't risk talking to him again, who knows what else he would do? I just couldn't risk going through that all over again, it was too much. 

I didn't want to get hurt again and the safest way to do that was to keep him away - far away. 

Too bad fate had different ideas. 

Author's Note

Thank you guys so much for all the reads I'm getting! And the votes!! 61!! Love you guys so much!! 

Turns out this is much shorter than I originally thought..... sorry don't kill me :(

Check out the facebook page! It's got updates on how the story is coming along, when stuff will be posted, polls and inside information ;) There's a link on my profile.

Vote if you enjoyed the chapter.

Comment your thoughts!

Thanks :D