5. Alex's POV

My whole body ached. I was in such immense pain, it was hard to breathe. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking repeatedly as I tried to get used to the light. Little by little, I could see more clearly... and that's when I realized I was strapped down to a bed, a strange liquid being injected into my right arm. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I tried to yell for help, only to cough. It's like I hadn't talked for days. The only thing I could think of that made sense was that I had been kidnapped. Put to sleep by some drug and they had took my kidneys and sold then in the black market, leaving me here to die...?

At least that's what I thought. Until I remembered being in the car with Jack and Sky. We were going to.. the mall? But there was a loud noise, and then screaming and glass breaking... then everything went dark. Holy shit, were they okay!?!? Where was Sky?! And Jack?! 

I struggled to move in the old, rusted bed and I tried to call for help. I kicked and squirmed around though I knew I was too weak to make much damage to the restraints holding me back.

"Help!" I tried yelling, only to hear a raspy, old man voice... followed by coughing. "H- help..." I was out of breath too soon.

I had given up almost too soon. I lied there, in a rusty old bed, in a dark filthy room, trying to understand why I was here and who had put me here?

The room was silent.. almost. I could hear heavy breathing. At first I thought it was me but the breathing was coming from the other side of the room. I thought maybe if I pretended I couldn't hear it, I wouldn't get killed. But then I heard crying. Whoever it was, was crying? It was a soft, scared cry and I trembled as I stared at the ceiling... that almost sounded like Sky's cry.

"Sky?" I called out, not looking away from the ceiling.

And then there was muffling noises. Like they had realized I had heard them and they were tying to be quiet, to make me go away?

I tried sitting up, only for the straps to hold me back.

I took a deep breath, trying to get the courage to talk to whoever was here with me. "It's okay, I won't hurt you. Uh-- I-- uh I'm Alex." I sighed. "Can you please help me?"

Then slowly, a small figure emerged from the dark corner. It was a kid. A toddler, who couldn't be more than 4 years old. I held back tears as I looked at him. He had light brown hair and bright blue eyes, his skin white... maybe pale. He was filthy to an extent. And way too skinny to be healthy. 

"Hey, buddy? Are you okay? What's your name?" I asked in the nicest, sweetest voice I could portray at the moment. 

He sighed and wiped away some tears. "I'm scared." he trembled as he said those words and I swear at that moment, my heart broke. I let a tear slip as I watched him stand in the corner. And I tried to imagine what sick bastard would put a little boy in this disgusting place and in such poor conditions. It was right there when I decided he would become my responsibility... that was as soon as I got some answers and got out of here.

"It's okay. I won't hurt you." I whispered. "Can you help me get free?"

He rapidly shook his head and retreated back to the darkness of the corner. "Lady will get mad." he repeated.

What lady? Was she the one that had put me here? And him?

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay. I won't let her hurt you. I pinky promise." I held my small finger out, somehow getting my arm free from the straps that only hurt me the more I moved.

He slowly came back out and ran over to the bed, interlocking our fingers together in a swirl. And as he was about to free me from at least one strap, the doorknob started to rattle... and yet again the scared little boy retreated to his corner, leaving me clueless about what was about to happen. The door squeaked and it seemed like forever before it came to open completely and I was even more confused than before. There stood a man at the entrance. His features seemed familiar and yet, I didn't recognize him. He grinned like a maniac as he stared at me and it sent chills through my body. He cautiously closed the door behind him and then stood at the edge of the bed.