Heartbreaker

Kai

I walked over to my best friend Shayla's house. Once I reached her apartment I knocked and her brother Shawn answered the door.

"Shay- she's not here but we need to talk so come in." Shawn said stepping aside for me to enter. I walked into the familiar home and sat down on the couch. "Where you going my room is this way." He said from his room.

"Huh." I sighed at the thought of being in his room while Shayla wasn't home. What could he possibly want to talk about with me. I thought as I walk over to Shawn.

"So remember when we almost went out but you were on your school shit and I was too old for you?" He asked chuckling.

"Yes, but in my defense Shayla lied to me so that I wouldn't like you. She said you were 20 and you looked like you were." I said looking over at Shawn as he sat beside me. "What are you trying to get at anyways?" I asked him.

"I just want you to be more than a fantasy." He said kissing me as the front door slammed scaring us.

"Shawn I'm gonna kill you!" Shayla yelled her voice booming through the walls of Shawn's room. "Open the door!" Shayla yelled once more.

"Not if you yelling like that." Shawn said with his back on the door smiling at me while his sister banged harder.

"Can you open the door." Shayla said.

"Why should I?" Shawn asked her, one brow arched.

"Just open the door Shawn." I said trying to plead with him quietly.

"Who is that?" Shayla asked becoming more frustrated.

"Yeah Shawn who is that?" I said laughing. Then he opened the door and Shayla dragged me out of Shawn's room and into her's.

"What the hell were you two in there doing?" Shayla asked as soon as we were in her room.

"Just talking." I said.

"About?" Shayla asked as if she knew otherwise.

"How inquisitive Ms. Stewart ." I said jokingly.

"Well Ms. Jones I do feel quite inclined to do so after I found you and Mr. Stewart in a room alone." She said taking off her jacket and handing me her bag. "Open it." Shayla said smiling.

I opened the bag expecting the worst but it was stuffed full of money, I looked up confused. "Where the hell did you get this from?" I asked shocked by the pile it made when I dumped it out on her bed.

"Stripping." She said taking out another bag of money and rubber bands. "Help me sort this mess out." Shayla said giving me a little comforting smile.

I watched as Shayla demonstrated how she wanted me to sort the money, I followed and soon after we had about 15 stacks each of one's, ten's twenties and hundreds. Shayla grabbed a comb from her dresser and pulled up a slab of hardwood flooring and stuffed most of the money in the floor.

"Here this is for you and I want you to think about this one long and hard because this can pay for whatever you want to do that your scared of doing." Shayla said putting the rest of the money in my purse.

"How long have you been doing this?" I asked still in shock.

"After the second semester when I lost my job." She said nonchalantly.

"Alright then, thank you so much for this and I'll most def call you when I make up my mind." I said starting to gather my thoughts and things.

"Okay. You and my brother would be the cutest couple and I thought you two were in there fucking because I heard talking then all of a sudden silence so sorry if I was interrupting anything." Shayla said walking me to the door. "And if you and my dick of a brother go out and he hurts you I'll hurt him, okay?" Shayla said giving me a long hug before I walked on home.