*Kiss Me Like You Did* IGHS Sequel {10} Slash

Taylor’s POV

I wandered drunkenly back up the stairs to my own room, a huge grin plastered on my face. I couldn’t wipe it off. I felt lighter. Even though my boyfriend – my amazing, thoughtful, considerate, textbook-perfect boyfriend – had been at the other side of the door as I’d had my hand down Jake’s pants, I felt incredible. Guilt was twisting into a small, tight knot at the base of my stomach, but the feelings of happiness and relief that were washing over me like so many waves as I trotted up the stairs were monopolizing my attention. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow.

I opened the door to my room and closed it behind me, still grinning, and leaned against it, closing my eyes and taking a deep, calming breath.

‘Huh.’

My eyes snapped open and I saw Landon sitting on his bed. The lights had been off when I walked in and I’d assumed he was out.

‘Why are you sitting in the dark?’ I asked dubiously.

‘Migraine. Why do you look like all your Christmases have come at one?’

I blushed. ‘I don’t.’

‘You do. When I look like that it’s usually girl-related. But I’m guessing this has less than nothing to do with Ryan.’

‘Dude, you are like really good at this Dorm Assistant thing,’ I said lightly, trying to avoid questioning as I pushed myself off the door and went to sit on my bed.

‘Anything to do with this ex who’s studying engineering?’ he asked, ignoring me, but he was grinning. I love my roommate.

I bit my lip as the smile I’d been wearing since I left Jake’s room spread back across my face. I didn’t even have to say anything.

‘Score,’ Landon said appreciatively, and if I’d had any doubts over his increasing dislike for Ryan before, they were eradicated now. ‘So what’s the plan?’

‘I’m gonna meet up with him tomorrow while Ryan’s in a test,’ I imparted happily.

‘No, douchebag,’ Landon said, rolling his eyes. ‘What are you gonna do about Ryan?’

I looked at him blankly. I hadn’t even thought about Ryan, not really.

‘There’s a really obvious answer here that I want you to say but you’re not saying it,’ Landon told me matter-of-factly. When I did say anything, he rolled his eyes again and said emphatically, ‘You have to choose one of them. You can’t just string them both along.’

‘I know that,’ I said moodily, wrinkling my nose. Before he could argue with me further, there was a knock on the door and I glanced at Landon; he shrugged. I stood up to go answer it, and nearly groaned out loud when I saw Ryan standing there.

‘Um,’ he started, biting his lip, and I remembered for the first time since Jake had walked into his room that we’d had a fight last night. ‘Hey.’

‘Hi,’ I said, standing back to allow him into the room. He walked past me, looking like he couldn’t decide whether to bring up the argument or just act like nothing had happened.

‘Where were you earlier?’ he asked lightly, obviously opting for the latter. ‘I thought we could hang out. When I went back to my room Jake was-’ He cut himself off, his mouth clamping shut. I saw the panic in his eyes as he realised the potential this situation had to blow up – how would I have reacted knowing Jake was scoring in his room if I hadn’t been, you know, scoring too? ‘Busy,’ he finished, and I could see Landon shaking with suppressed laughter out of the corner of my eye.