Did my heart fly at your service - W. Shakespeare

Seraphina really did feel bad about leaving the soldier weak and defenceless behind but he was getting in the way. She was walking into hostile territory and he was stupid enough to decide to tag along; a soldier too inexperience for this type of operation.

“He will be alright”, soothed Evangeline. “You did what was right, sister.” Seraphina nodded her understanding and continued towards the club. She skipped the queue and walked straight up to the bouncer, who took one look at her, grinned widely and pulled aside the rope to allow her and Evangeline in.

Once she stepped into the club, the vibration of the club music echoed in her ear. It was irritating yet fashionable according to humans. Seraphina’s heart arched as she thought about her home in the Gloria, where angels chant daily and the best soprano sang at night. Evangeline cringed for a second before they both merged into character; carefree teenagers looking for a good time. They couldn’t just stand around and look out for their target, so the two angels made their way towards the bar, which was on the side of the dance floor of humping bodies.

They move their bodies to the sound of the music and grinned seductively at the men who watched them. Once they reached the bar, Evangeline ordered cocktails while Seraphina looked around. Her eyes shifted to the private balconies and there, sitting lazily on the leather couches were the sons of lust; high-ranking demons. They were spotted with greasy black hair combed back.

They wore designer suits and each 5 had at least two women sitting on them…or doing something else. Seraphina knew that the leader was the bigger one with the pretty face. He had 5 women trying for his full attention. Stupid girls, she growled to herself, they should be home, where it is safe and not here in demon central.

Seraphina knew what these demons were up to. They were going to get the girls to enter their prostitution industry willingly or not. When Evangeline handed Seraphina her glass, she looked up at the occupants in the private suite. “Ok, let’s do the drunk kill”, whispered Evangeline before she became rowdy with the bartender. It was plan that they used often, where they pretended to be helpless, drunk girls, who were ‘unable’ to defend themselves.

Evangeline started flirting with the bald steroid-taking man, who was engrossed at her beauty. Seraphina joined in as the drunken girl.

 “What’s your name?” she slurred, while she leaned forward to tempt the man with her cleavage. Internally, she cringed inside and promised to redeem her sins later with prayer.

“Des, but tonight you can call me your man”, Des replied with a sleazy wink. “What are you two doing tonight? Staying long?”

“Hell yeah”, cried Evangeline. “We are going to part-tay, aren’t we Roxy?”

“Fuck yeah”, replied Seraphina with enthusiasm, and promised to redeem her sins for profanity.“We just need the drinks flowing to get this party started.”

“Free drinks all night if you girls get up and dance on the table”, said Des, with desire in his dark eyes.

“Done!” the two women cried and Evangeline seductively hopped onto the bar table. Seraphina was about to do the same when strong arms pulled her away. She looked up and was gifted with a glare from a pair of light blue eyes; Michael. 

“That is enough!” He growled. “I’m taking you home whether you like it or not.” He then proceeded to pull her towards the exit while maintaining an abnormally strong grip on her arm.

She pulled him back and said sternly, “You will let me do this.”

“No”

“Please Michael”, she said a bit more softly. She placed a hand on his shoulder, transferring calmness through to Michael. The angel’s eyes softened and then blinked. He was no longer breathing deeply or seething. He was now calm and tranquil…just like Seraphina wanted him to be. “It is important and I know what I’m doing. Please have faith.” Michael slowly released his hold on her.