Stay - Mayday Parade

Author's Note:
Okay, so I've pretty much planned every chapter up until the end :3 There's probably going to be around 20 chapters or so- including an epilogue ^-^ EXPECT FEELS IN LATER CHAPTERS. It's also a pretty crappy storyline tbh :/

Ayumi's POV
I grabbed the larger folder, containing all the research I had done, from my bag and put it on my desk. It was actually pretty heavy. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kishinuma pulling up a chair, we were working on an English project. We exchanged awkward looks, probably from my 'outburst' yesterday. I honestly didn't see what was so wrong with me telling him that I didn't want him around. He just overreacted and made me seem like the bad guy. I felt so horrible, Mochida saw me as a bad person.

Mochida is the only one whose opinion of me mattered. All my other friends could think of me as a bad person and as long as Mochida didn't, I'd be totally fine with it. The way he looked at me yesterday, the pity in those beautiful eyes ... It was horrible. He shouldn't be looking at me in pity, he should be looking at me with longing. But Mochida is too focussed on Nakashima for obvious reasons. Just because she has large boobs doesn't mean she's everything.

"So, Kishinuma," I began.
"Hm?" His face brightened up a bit when he replied.
"Did you do any research at all?" I could see a disappointed look spread across his face. What? What did I do?
"Oh ... Er, no."
"Good thing I have all this," I said as I handed him the folder. He sighed and took it from my hands. "Your gonna have to read it all you know," I told him as he pulled out all the sheets of paper.
"Your kidding right?"
"Nope," I said, popping 'p'. As he began to read, I turned my gaze towards Mochida.

He was talking to Nakashima, his chestnut-coloured hair falling infront of his face. Damn he was cute. I don't see why he likes Nakashima so much, like are you actually serious. I mean, I can see why she likes her appearance *cough cough* BEWBS *cough cough* but her as a person is just, NO. She is such a bitch. She can't do anything by herself, she always has Shinohara following her around like a little servant or something!

I feel a pair of eyes burning into the back of my neck so I turn round. And there was Kishinuma staring at me, as predicted. We made eye contact for a split second then his eyes shot back to the paper he was supposed to be reading. I sighed, he really was hopeless. "I'm sorry." He looked up from his papers, slightly confused. "What?"
"I just wasn't an expecting an apology..."
"You think I'm that mean?"
"... I guess not."
"That was forced wasn't it?"
"No! I-i"
"How about we just leave it as an apology, okay?"
"Yeah," he nodded. We smiled briefly at each other.

Yoshiki's POV
Did Shinozaki just ... apologise to me? Yeah, she did. I was slightly taken aback when she just began to apologise out of the blue. I accepted her apology none the less but, surely it was genuine. Right?

I don't think she's that cold-hearted. Anyway, she smiled at me, and it seemed legit. I went back to reading the stupid notes Shinozaki had given me, pretending that the apology was no big deal. Quickly glancing up, I saw that Shinozaki had, once again, focused her gaze upon Satoshi and Nakashima. Guess she didn't think too much of it either ... Why would she?

I rested my head on my hand and began to read through the notes:
Sayaka Ooue- Friend of Naho Saenoki, red-haired, owns a radio show, described as bright and bubbly.
Ooue was taken to Tenjin Elementary by doing the Sachiko Ever After ritual incorrectly with Saenoki. It is recorded that she never made it out of there - presumed dead.

I still don't see why Shinozaki wants to do a project on this. I mean, I know she's into her horror and all but, there's a lot of death and stuff like that. Kinda depressing ... But I think I vaguely remember that name ... Sayaka Ooue ... I probably just heard of her name somewhere.

~TiMe SkIp To LuNcH~

Should I tell someone? But who would I tell, I can't tell everyone, can I? I pushed around the food on my plate, trying to decide if I should tell anyone about Shinozaki apologising and stuff. I furrow my brow slightly, trying to think of a way of doing this. "Hey Yoshiki!" I looked up in response to my name being called. There was Seiko looking at me; and pretty much everyone else on the table began staring at Seiko. "Wait, did you just call him Yoshiki?" Nakashima asked.
"Yeah ... So what?" Seiko replied. Nakashima smirked but didn't say a word. "Anyway, Yoshiki, what's wrong with your facial expression? You look confused."
"Oh. I was just thinking..."
"Okay~," Seiko then turned back to Nakashima.

I know! I'll tell Seiko about Shinozaki apologising, she'll understand. I fought the urge to smile.

Ayumi's POV
What?! Shinohara just called Kishinuma Yoshiki?! I could feel the anger rising again. No! I have to contain my anger this time. I looked up. Kishinuma was staring at Shinohara. Kishinuma was staring at Shinohara.

I restrained myself from slapping them both across the face - just barely though. Kishinuma wasn't supposed to like Shinohara, he was supposed to be head over heels for me! Not her! He was supposed to be dedicated to me, and me only. I could see the longing in his eyes, there was no doubt about it: he had fallen for Shinohara. I don't know how long I'll be able to suppress my feelings.