Chapter 2

It had been 4 years since Katie and Travis accepted the dare in the Poseidon cabin. Since then, neither of them had admitted their love for one another. They have continued the bet for almost 4 ½ years now.

After that night, they had had sex many more times. They would use each other's bodies as relief for themselves, but nothing more. They would do it for fun, or for anger management, or even to show off they had an actual relationship with the other.

Both Travis and Katie were... attractive. Travis had the deepest blue eyes, an electric cobalt blue. His red/brown curly hair always managed to hang in his eyes, no matter how he styled it. That's something Katie always liked. She loved to go up to him in front of flirty girls and rake her fingers through his messy locks, then kiss him. She never got over the sense of achievement when she heard their disappointed cries. After she pulled back, Travis' crooked smile would never fail to dissatisfy her. Something else Katie liked to do was go to the beach with Travis, where his fit body was always sure to impress.

Travis could say the same thing about Katie. Her bright, emerald eyes always caught his attention. He could always tell how they would darken dramatically whenever they got intimate. Her thick dirty blonde hair always managed to look perfect, no matter what the situation. It especially looked perfect after one great fucking, when Travis himself had wound his fingers through it and tangled it up pretty good. Just perfect. Her breasts were always Travis' favorites. They were round and plump and... had definitely grown since they were 17. Now she really was triple Ds. And for some odd reason she tried to hide them with baggy shirts and tight sports bra. But Travis always managed to make quick work of those.

So you see, anyone in a relationship with these two is a legend. But... that would never happen. Until they broke the bet, neither one of them could go anywhere. Not that they had a problem with that.

They had moved into a Manhattan apartment together after they had both turned 19. Katie had picked it out for its strategic placement between their work zone and downtown, where they both went often for drinks and parties.

Surprisingly, Travis had gone to college for criminal justice, even though that was the opposite of his personality. He had become a detective for the Manhattan Police force, and a damn good one at that. Katie was left to what she did best; garden. She started a landscaping business, Demeter's Garden Landscaping Com. And that is what covered their apartment. Papers and papers and papers and the occasional condom that was laying around for quick use.

And, as always, that was the mess Travis came home to on that Tuesday of July. He couldn't help but sigh at the mess that even he couldn't manage to make and stepped in the door.

"Ka-tie! I'm home!" He rang out, mimicking a favored show of his girlfriend's. He was met by no noise.

"Katie!", he shouted again, setting down his suitcase and slowly walking around. He had learned to be light-footed and cautious in these situations, being in the crime-solving department and all. Then he heard a long tired sigh.

"In here", he heard an emotionless voice call from the bedroom. He laughed slightly and loudly walked toward the ajar door, loosening his tie on the way.

He pushed the door open to find a gorgeous woman in nothing but a sports bra and a pair of loose panties. Her hair was tied up in a bun on top of her head, and she was sprawled across the forest green comforter, her feet laying on the messed-up pillows. Her eyes glared into the glass of the TV set on the dresser, which was tuned into a rerun of Glee. Something Travis knew she hated.

"So", he said slowly, sliding his jacket off and leaning against the doorway, "What's going on?"

"I was given a day off", Katie blurted angrily, not looking very happy to think about it, "They said I 'look a little stressed and should relax for the day'. What the hell does that mean? I am not stressed! I run a company, that takes a lot outta ya, but that does not mean they can kick me out of the building because I snapped at the bitchy intern! What. The. HELL!"