Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

As Wylie led Amelia into his practice room he couldn’t help but wonder how well Amelia’s weapons would work. And he was hoping he wouldn’t have to improve them any further.

He took in a deep breath as he walked towards the practice dummies. They were made out of hay and burlap bags. Wylie had made them in such a way where they had seemed to explode with hay; making them tough and hard to get a hit on.

He could hear Amelia’s heels click against the ground, making an echoing sound in the big circular room. Wylie had this room built especially for parkour and practicing on dummies. Its circular shape made it an efficient practice room.

Looking up he could make out the rafters and wooden planks sticking out of the stonewalls. They were used for practicing and mastering parkour. And Wylie planned for Amelia to learn how to climb up the walls today.

It was a requirement for each Demon Assassin to know parkour. Demons were famous for climbing up walls to stay hidden from their enemies. Making it harder for the Assassins to get to them. So the Gathering Storm had made up a proposition to make it mandatory for all Demon Assassins to know how to climb up the sides of buildings and whatnot. And Wylie agreed.

He remembered the time he had faced a Gharro. They were one of the many strong Demons. They appear to be half-scorpion and half-human. Its upper torso has the color of greenish-silver humanoid with long, flowing dark hair and stark white eyes while its lower torso is a  reddish-brown scorpion. Its tail splits into two separate stingers and the creature’s mouth is filled with razor-sharp teeth.

And while in combat with one, the Gharro had climbed up a tree. And if it weren’t for Wylie’s parkour training he would have nearly died. Because the Gharro jumped down expecting to kill Wylie, that was until he noticed that Wylie wasn’t on the ground.

And that was when Wylie had defeated him. Jumping down from the tree at a insane height Wylie’s sword made contact with the Gharro’s head, killing it instantly.

That was Wylie’s first parkour encounter with a Demon. Along with hundreds after.

“Wylie!” His sister screamed at him. He blinked away the flash back. Looking down at his little sister, her black eyes staring up at him filled of excitement and concern. Shaking the memory from his head Wylie smiled at his sister in reassurance.

“Sorry. What were you saying?” Wylie asked.

Amelia rolled her eyes. “I was saying that we should hurry up and practice so that I can get back home to father. He wasn’t doing so well when I left.”

Wylie could see the concern and sadness in his sister’s eyes. Which only made his heart tighten for her. She had just turned sixteen and already had to worry about whether or not their father was going to live.

And he felt guilty for not being there as much as he should for their father. Wylie was twenty-three and he hadn’t even had the chance to stop by and care for their sick father. Wylie reached down to place a hand on Amelia’s shoulder.

“He’ll be okay. And when we’re done here I go with you.” Wylie said, looking away from the pride in his younger sister’s eyes.

“Really? That would make father so happy. You’re all he ever asks for when he’s awake. He misses you Wylie…a lot.”

This only made his heart squeeze with guilt. Glancing back down at Amelia he attempted a smile. “Then lets hurry.”

Wylie grabbed his whip sword, getting a tight grip on it as he looked over at Amelia. “I need you to focus and pretend that the dummies in front of you are Demons ready to attack and kill you. They have stripped you of all your weapons and your hidden daggers are your only choice left.”