Chapter 10

Lauren's POV:

I went straight to the hospital. I didn't care about school, all I care about was Camila. I really had to see her! Luckily Drew believed me, he told me which hospital and which room Camila was in. As I entered the room, I saw Camila lying on the bed, she looked so peaceful and beautiful at the same time. I began to cry a little. Then I saw Camila's little sister Sofia, she was sitting on the chair next to Camila's bed holding the barbie doll I brought for her, as she saw me she quickly ran towards me and hugged me. Tears were streaming down her face, she then whispered. "Lauren, Camila isn't waking up. Can you please stay here with me? I'm scared." I got down on both knees and wiped her tears away. "Hey, it's okay, don't be scared. I'll stay here with you. I can't promise you that Camila will be alright, so we just have to pray for her." She nodded slowly. "Where's your mom and dad?" I asked as I sat down on the chair and pick her up so she could sit on my lap. "Dad is working, mom started working yesterday and I'm left here alone until Camila wakes up." She replied with a sad voice. "It's okay, I'll be here with you, I promise I won't leave you." I whispered. "Do you know Camila used to talk about you all the time? She talks about you more than she talks about One Direction." Sofi said. I smiled then took Camila's hand and squeezed it. "Lauren, can you do something?" She asked. "Yes, anything." "Can you sing a song for Camila? She likes it when someone sings a song for her." "Of course, what song should I sing?" I asked. "Any song." She replied. "Okay." I started singing 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn'

After 2 hours of waiting, Camila's mom came. Sophie ran to her and hug her. "Hi Mrs. Cabello, I'm Lauren. I'm a friend of Camila's." I said as I walked towards her. "Hello, it's very nice of you to come and visit Camila, she talks about you all the time." She replied. "I smiled then suddenly I got a phone call from my dad, I went out of the room to answer it. "Lauren. Where are you? I'm really worried." He asked. "I'm fine, I'm at the hospital, visiting a friend." I answered. "Dad, do you love me?" I asked."Of course I do, I would do anything for you." "Anything?" "Yes." "Can you pay for my friend's hospital bill? Please! Please!" I asked hoping he would say 'yes'. "I don't know." That's all he said. "Please! You don't have to buy me a birthday present, please! I really care about her a lot! And both her parents are working really hard just so they can pay it. Please! You can cut my allowance and all." I begged. " Okay. If that's what you really want then I'll pay for all of it." He answered. "Thank you! Thank You! You are the best! I love you!" When we finish talking, I went straight back to the room. "Mrs. Cabello?" "Yes" "I really care about Camila. She was more than my best friend and I would do anything for her. I already asked my father and he said yes. I would like to pay for all of Camila's hospital bill." "Thank you but it's okay, I've started working, I think we could pay it." She said. "NO! Please! I really want to do something for her. I really care about her. Please!" I begged. Then she asked "Really? You would do that for my Camila?" I nodded and she smiled and said thank you. "Thank you, Camila is really lucky to have a great friend like you." I became sad, because I'm not a great friend. It was all my fault! "But with one condition." I said "Anything." She replied. "I get to stay here every single night with Camila until she wakes up. Alone. Starting from tomorrow. You can rest at home. So it means that from morning she's ll yours but at night it's my turn to take care of her." She nodded and said 'thank you'. I smile then after a few minutes she asked. "But why are you doing this? You've only known Camila for like less than 2 weeks." The room was silent for a few minutes then I finally admit. "Mrs. Cabello. I'm in love with your daughter." "What?" That's all she said.