Sock's POV

When they finally manage to separate, Sock felt his lips swollen but he was content. Going back to packing they hauled the last bit of stuff into the truck. Glancing back at the cabin, he looked on nostalgic remembering his summer youth spent here. Those were happier times when Uncle Maxwell had been around to show him things. Now he was gone and so were his parents. It was getting close to a year since the plane crash and not once had he visited their graves.

Sock didn't think he'll visit anytime soon even if distance wasn't an issue. Maybe he needed time away to heal from a lifetime of inflicting wounds. Shrugging his shoulder he stepped inside the cabbie waiting for Jonathan to get in. There was a three hour drive in front of them.

Jonathan stood by the entrance but didn't budge to reach the truck as he waved at him. Is there something we left behind? Opening the door Sock stepped out and made his way to him. "Did we forget something?"

"No, I just... I wanted to..." Jonathan looked nervous and that made him nervous. Was he going to break up with me for what I did at breakfast?

"If this is about the thing in the morning, you can forget about it." Sock rushed out. "I won't do it again. I won't bug you again."

"What?" Jonathan blinked confused by the train of thought. However, Sock had to make sure he understood.

"You're thinking of leaving me like my parents because I bothered you too much." Sock said as he pushed the lump in his throat away. "I promise I won't do it again. Just... please."

Jonathan's eyebrows furrowed as he stepped closer placing his hands at the base of the younger boy's neck craning his head up. "Is that what you thought this entire time?" Sock could only nod terrified that what pushed his late parents away was going to ultimately push Jonathan away too. "Damn it Sock, why didn't you say something earlier."

"I was scared," he whispered.

"Damn it," Jonathan cursed under his breath as his forehead rested against Sock's. Blue eyes looking into green, Jonathan cupped his face, his eyes going intense. "Never doubt it. I will never leave because you bother me. I might get annoyed and ask you to stop. I might even yell at you and storm off but never doubt that I will always return to you."

Sock was speechless as he could only numbly nod. "I love you," Sock said breathing in deeply. He didn't care that Jonathan never said it back but he knew. Sometimes you don't have to say it to know the other person feels it too. Sock could see it as those blue eyes soften and the tension left both their bodies.

"Sock," Jonathan sighed out his thumbs caressing the side of his face. "I love you too."

He exhaled in disbelief. Okay, but maybe hearing it out loud is nice too.

There was a split moment where both were frozen after Jonathan's confession before Sock shoved him against the wall and kissed him deeply wanting to lick the taste of those words out of Jonathan. It shouldn't have felt different but it did. He felt invigorated and plastered his body against his wanting to feel his very heartbeat against his own pounding one. Who knew how long the kiss lasted until they were both breathless and breathing in each other's breath.

"Wow," Jonathan said between gasps. "I didn't know you would kiss me like that if I said it. I might just have to say it again."

"Do it," Sock challenged his eyes sparking with mischief.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Sock moaned against his lips a second later.