Chapter Two

WOOOOOOOO HAVE FUN WITH THIS CHAPTER! IT'S KIND OF BORING, BUT??????

Turn of Events  Chapter Two

About a week later, everything was pretty much back to normal. Well, so far until I walked into school on Monday to find a lost looking Benji with about the whole hallway of people staring at him.

     He was either unaware of that or just ignoring them as he took out what I presumed was a map of the school and studied it, his teeth unconsciously latching onto his lower lip. After reading what he had to, he folded the paper into a neat square and tucked it  right back into his pocket.

     Turning around, he spotted me in the hallway and my heartbeat picked up, gradually increasing with every step he made and as he finally reached me, he was interrupted by a boy whom I recognized as one of the varsity football players. Logan Mendez.

     "Hey, bro, what's up?" From what I could hear, that is what Logan asked him and as the two began to formulate a conversation, the beating of my heart returned to it's normal pace. I turned around a moment later, about to head to my first period when I heard his voice from behind me.

     "Hey! Thisbe, isn't it?" Benjamin scratched the back of his head as I spun around to face him, my face flushed from not noticing him walking in my direction. Nodding, I shifted my weight to my left leg and readjusted my tote that was resting on my right shoulder.

     "Right, you're Lacey's sister." Not sure if it was a question since he didn't look to me for confirmation, I rolled my eyes. He pulled his schedule out of his pocket once again. "So, I was wondering if you could show me where my first period class is—"

     "No need to bother Isby here," said a new voice. Glancing behind Ben, I spotted my twin who then signaled for me to leave this in her hands and somewhere in the back of my mind, I could feel myself agreeing. "I can show you to your first period."

     Without waiitng for his consent, she easily pulled his schedule away from his hands and scanned it, her blue eyes making it's way down the page as she soaked in every word.

     "No, it's fine," he said. My eyes widened. "I'm sure she can handle it, can't you, Isby?"

     "Um," I murmured, feeling Lacey's eyes on me, almost pleading for me to go away so she could spend quality time with the new boy. "I guess I can."

     "There!" He smiled as friendly as he could toward Lacey before he looked at me. "Okay, so I have French II first with Madame Sylvestre. She seems strict. Is she strict?"

     "I've never had her," I replied quietly, but loud enough so he could hear me. "I'm taking Spanish this year."

      "Ooh, Españoles. Me gusta," he said. Laughing at him wiggling his eyebrows, I led him toward his French class in which was just about to get started after turning back toward Lacey and mouthing an apology.

     As I was parting from him, I heard him shout down the hall his thanks which caused me to roll my eyes. I quickly reached my class and I slowly walked in, trying not to grasp the attention of the teenagers in the classroom.

     "Qué bueno que nos acompañen, Miss Hollis," Señorita Gonzales sarcastically greeted me in Spanish, thanking me for joining the class as I entered. Blushing, I uttered a quick sorry and then found my way into my seat beside Lacey who curiously glanced at me.

     "So, what happened?" Lacey whispered to me. I ignored her seeing that I already got reprimanded once for being late already. I could do without getting called out again first period, or the rest of the day for that matter.