Prologue

Turn of Events  Prologue

From the moment I set eyes on him, I guessed he was just a guy who was sat here at the pub every night trying to find a girl to take home. With his good looks, I figured it wouldn't be hard for him, anyway. Even in the darkness of the room, I couldn't help but notice his jaw structure.

     The way his lip curled upward as he tossed my friends and I a smirk causing them to erupt into a fit of giggles as if they were a group of twelve year olds trying to get an older guy's attention. It intrigued me how he managed to intrigue me since I wasn't one easy to gain the attention of. But not only that.. It was how his eyes never left my twin's figure and how the pair was communicating across the room by their eyes.

     The way Lacey's warm amber ones continuously flickered across the room as they both tried so hard not to look at each other but it was obvious that they weren't trying hard enough.

    Throughout the rest of the night, the two were openly flirting with each other and it made me uncomfortable to see how public my sister was acting, or maybe it was just jealousy. The way she could actually get a guy without making herself look like an idiot and the way she, with the flip of her hair, could make them want her.

     But, as they say, all things come to an end and at about one o' clock a.m., I was made to drive my friends Elizabeth and Marie home and in their drunken state, I won't lie and say that they didn't do some foolish things in there.

     They both earned them self a couple of numbers but I couldn't blame them. With their honey blonde hair and light eyes, they were very much like Lacey. Outgoing, friendly, and a riot. The complete opposite of myself. At 5'8, I was as tall and awkward as can be.

      It seemed to me that as the older twin, Lacey seized all of the good genes and left none for me. With my muddy hazel eyes, commonly mistaken for brown, and jet black hair, I was as boring as they come.

     Little did I ponder about if I would ever see him again.. Oh, how oblivious I was. The feeling in the pit of my stomach when I first saw him wasn't only curiosity, but it was love, or at least I thought it was.

      But, I didn't recognize the feeling just yet.