Violet Part 12 "Home at last"

Finally we came to a stop, and the wolf patiently waited for me to dismount. So I did, "Where are we?" I mentally asked him. 

"A mile out of the alliance camp. I cannot go any further princess." The dog answered me, in a heavy pant.

"Are we staying here for the night?" Another question was shot to him. At least I was pretty sure it was a him, the voice couldn't be mistaken for a women's.

"I am staying here, you still have enough day light to make it to the camp." Fear struck me as his words sank in, I was going alone? But I didn't know they way, sure, I had been there once before but I hardly paid attention. Well, it wasn't all bad, at least it was still light out. I glanced up to view the pale sky slowly transforming to pink.

Sensing my concern the wolf began again, "Just behind then willows, is a path, that path will take you directly through the Alliance camp." He directed me mentally. When I scanned the area, my eyes immediately found the towering willows swaying in the breeze. Right beyond the trunks, was the beginning of a rocky dirt path.

"If it's not far, why don't you come with me?" This time I asked aloud.

"Vampires will attack me, because they can. You? They cannot. Go princess, time is slipping away." His voice echoed as urgency replaced his once calm tone. I turned to thank the wolf but he had vanished without a trace.

The silence was forcing an eeriness that lingered around me. Strictly sticking to the rough path, I could see the faint fires illuminating the camp. The closer I got the more nervous I became. Itching to get this over with and return home, I quickened my pace.

"We'll what do we have here!" A voice cheered from the ominous brush, and before I could react two large shadows blocked me from moving any further.

This first man stood a little ahead of the other, showing his dominance. He was lean and tall, with red firey hair burning in all directions like a crazed maniac. His big baby blues almost consumed his face but darkened and narrow when he met my violets.

A devilish grin grew visible on the blond man behind him. He held his short stubby arms behind his back like he was holding a surprise he didn't want me to see. His eyes were blood red with hunger. It was obvious what his intentions were. I was dinner.

"Looks like a snack." The blond licked his lips eagerly. The fear I held inside me dissipated when I remembered why I was so valuable. One drop, just one drop of my blood is all it takes. This brought my confidence to the surface as I straightened and stood taller. My eyes closed as I bent my head to the side stretching my neck out. Embracing myself for what came next, I squeezed my eyes tighter. When nothing happened, I opened just one eye to peer at the Vamps.

When I saw Joel's muscular back to me I gaped. The others had disappeared with out a sound. "Trying to kill my guards huh?" He spoke no emotions traceable in his tone. I stood for a moment in a small state of shock before I shook myself free of it.

"Nn-oo" I stuttered, "They said I was a snack, so I didn't want to deny them a morsel of energy." I lied, of course I was trying to kill them what other choice did I have?

The power that Joel had radiated off of him, seeping from every pore on his undead body. It was so strong, I suddenly almost felt at small as a ant, or a fly. "That's old news any way. What brings you hear Violet, and unprotected at that matter?"

"I have a business proposition for you." I stated remaining in a serious state.

"Oh yes?" He licked his lips, not sure why, he was beginning to make me feel strange. His large solid arm locked with my own as he began to pull me out of the brush. "Come." He ordered me and I followed.