Chapter 1 - The morning before

It was 2:00 in the morning, I woke up to catch my flight to New York. God, how great to say that after 3 years of Oxford university, I'm finally moving to New York with my friend Vivian. I jumped up from my bed and rubbed my brown eyes and smiled, I always smile when i wake up, it's a habit. I get up and walk towards my mirror and brush my brunette hair so it is in a perfect Bob. I then open the door on my left and leave my bedroom.

I open the door to see my friend walking towards the staircase slowly.

"Morning viv, God you was noisy last night. You should stop smoking that shit you call weed".

Vivian is a psychologist graduate too, we met in secondary school and instantly became friends.

"W..well uni is over and I have a plane to catch. Do you think I want to be boarding a plane without a hangover of being high?".

My friend vivian stands there just...too serious, so i laugh. Her long blonde hair runs down her back and her blue eyes are surrounded by black smudged mascara.

I walk downstairs chatting to vivian about how excited i am to finally be moving away from Britain.

I approach the kitchen and grab a glass of cold tea and sit on the bar stool. I'm watching viv attempt to pure cereal into a bowl and gosh, I laughed due to her failing miserably.

"How can you afford such a big house, move to New York and still have money to pay off uni funds kate?"

I smile and look down the hall to notice my father. My father is the owner and founder of amazon. He is great at his work and is dedicated to keeping me and my mother jolly.

"Father, if it wasn't for your great imaginative mind, I would not be as successful". I approach him with my arms out and hug him.

"Honey, I just popped in to say goodbye to my gorgeous daughter and her...well...friend. I know it's 2 in the morning but I have to catch a flight too, I have business in tokyo". I pull back and walk towards the bar stool and grab my drink.

"Oh fantastic, enjoy your trip. I'm guessing mother's going with you?"

"Yes, indeed she is"

Minutes passed and i need to catch a flight, my father leaves and wishes me a great time in New York. I get dressed, grab my luggage and leave the house with vivian.

..........................................
Vivian's pov:

As me and Katie hop into the back of a black range rover, she instructs me to be quiet while she phones her brother in Amsterdam. I sit there and plug my earphones into my iPod and listen to 7/11 - beyoncè. I sit there looking out the window and after a few minutes I fall asleep.

Time passes and I suddenly awake.

"Viv we have arrived at the airport, come on the jet will be leaving soon".

I grab my black Michael kors bag and watch as Katie shuts the car door. I hop out of the car and put on my sunglasses. In front of me is a jet that has been payed for by Kate's father. God did I feel important!. I walk up the little stairs of the jet and take a seat in one of the cream leather chairs. I look around and notice the bottles of champagne and strawberry bon bon's on the counter beside me. I dig in.

"So vivian, I heard you have found a job in New York?". Katie sits down on the leather chair opposite me.

"Yeah, I'm now officially a news reporter and start as anchor. This face will be all over t.v, don't expect me to be staying in your million pound apartment too long!"

"Well, good luck to you. That's fantastic news!"

Moments pass, I sit back and start to drift of. Why not, Katie is now snoring away.