Chapter 1

Once again I was forced to do something "fun" with my family. My little sister who is 6, and brother who is 9, wanted to see some animals besides our dog.

Gosh I just wanted to meet my friends, go to gymnastics practice, maybe take our dog somewhere but nope here I am 16 years old, stuck in the line for a zoo.

At least it's sunny.

Our poor German Shepard is with us too but she doesn't seem to mind.

Emily Emily, Mike says there is a bird that can't fly, does he lie?
No Lilly, there is birds that can't fly I sighed and rolled my eyes.
Emily, be nice to your sister my mom said with warning in her voice

Tell me tell me the birds! Lilly screamed.

Well there's Ostriches and Pinguins..

PINGUINS! Lilly jumped in exitement
I wanna se the Pinguins!!

I wanna see the Tigers first Mike groaned, it's my birthday.

Lilly looked like she was going to cry, then she screamed BUT I SAID FIRST!

Lilly, mom whined, It's Mike's birthday he gets to decide what we're going to se first.
But..But...,Lilly tries to argue.
First we go see the Tigers, then we can go see the pinguins, ok?

I reach for my phone in my pocket just to realize I don't have a pocket and the phone is home. This is a sign how worthless this day will be.

Polly, our dog starts to bark at something in the line.

Turning my head to the direction Polly's watching I can see the dog Polly barked at, a cute little Shetland sheepdog.
Rolling my eyes I turn back to my family.

No one in my family seems to like to talk to me so I turn around to watch the long line behind us instead. I watch it make turns down the hill. There's so many people, why does so many people want to watch animals locked in cages?

Just as I'm going to turn forward again my eyes catches something interesting
At the end of the leash to the Shetland sheepdog I make eye contact with the most blue eyes I've ever seen. The eyes belongs to a guy, just in my or above my age. He's tall and his dirty blond hair stands straight up at the front. His bottom lip is pierced with a black ring.

I can't take my eyes of him!

Under one beautiful moment we're just admire eachothers outsides.
Maybe this day won't be as bad as I thought.
Suddenly I get pulled out of my hypnosis by Lilly pulling my skirt to get my attention.

What!? I sputter.
What are you looking at? She questions.
I look back to the boy, I can't see him and turn back to my sister;
Nothing I sigh.

She begins to talk to dad again.

After another 10 minutes we finally get into the Zoo.

Tigeeeers, Mike says
Lilly just muttered and follow us.
When we had walked the wrong paths three times everyone begins to get a little bit out of focus.
I'm hungry, Lilly exclaims
She begin to pull my skirt since no one pays attention to her.
'Not the time Lilly!'

How hard could it be just to show a clear way to the dam tigers mum says, clearly annoyed.
Bad Word!! Lilly interrupt.
Mum just ignore her and continues;
Isn't there any application for this?