1

"Do you want to see your sister or not?" He whispers into my ear as I put my books into my locker. I closed my pale blue locker. I look around to see the last couple of students walk out of the building. I turn wanting to follow the other students, but don't turn to him. "How important is she to you?" My eyes widened a bit. "You would do anything to protect her, right?" He moved closer to me, his mouth was about one centimeter away from my ear. I smelled his disgusting breath. It smelled like mixture of onions and sour cream. "Haley, do it for your sister."

"Where is she?" I gave in to his words. My sister is the most important thing to me, always has and always will.

"I'll tell you soon." His freezing hands touching my skin caused my arms to shake. He was cold inside and out. "So how about it, Haley? Will you go out with me?"

"I want my sister back." I whispered back to him.

"And you will get her back, if you go out with me." His chin rested on my shoulder. "I'll pick you up at seven." The chill went away. I question myself. Why me? Out of everyone why me?

~~~~~Time Charge~~~~~

A blue and white colored car was in front of my house. The lights on the roof of the car were turned off. The cop cars were still in front. As I was opening the door my phone rang. It was a text message.

Brandon:
Don't tell anyone what I told you today.
Or else
Delete this message.

I did what I was told. If I told anyone, I knew he would hurt my sister.

"Haley, I would like to ask you a few questions. Are you okay with that?" A police officer asked as he walked out of the kitchen, where my mom was.

"Yeah sure" We walked into the living room. My dad was at work. How could he work at a time like this? He should be looking for my sister, or helping in some way.

"Do you know if your sister had a boyfriend?" The boyfriend is always the second suspect in an investigation involving a female.

"No, she didn't have a boyfriend." My sister was single since last year, she didn't like speeding things up. We both liked things as they were.

"How about an ex-boyfriend?" He's on the right path, asking if there could be a male involved.

"What does this have to do with anything? Her ex-boyfriends are none of your business." They're asking as if she's a slut, but she's not.

"Haley, please calm down." He said in a calm voice. "It's possible her ex-boyfriend could have something to do with this." I took a breath and cooled down. Just do it, I quoted Nike to myself.

"She has a few." The officer gave me a note pad with yellow paper and a plain black pen.

"Write down their first and last names." My handwriting was different. My hand was still shaking. It wasn't just because I was scared ,but because I was writing his name. I was telling anyone about today but I was giving them hints.

I handed back the pen and note pad. "Do you know where your sister might be? Any place she liked to go?" That's one of the things people assume when I teen goes missing.

"You think my sister ran away?!" The anger within me kept building up. "My sister is a straight A student, she's very successful and she's a cheerful person. She wouldn't run away. I know she wouldn't." The officer was about to protest, but didn't.