24th July 2042

*Picture is of Amelia*

The slight rocking of the moving car shook me awake. I opened my eyes to see I was lying in the back of the car, staring up at the roof. I take a deep breath, my head hurting too much to move. I try my best to look at who's driving, but I can't see. I look to the passenger seat to see Rosie sitting there, looking out the front window.

Almost, as if she had somehow secretly known I was awake, she turned to look at me. She smiled slightly, staying silent. The only thing she did was mouth sorry; and I knew we weren't in Chicago now. She had betrayed me, as well as my father and whoever was driving this car. I didn't have to think very hard to figure out its most likely Amelia.

"Do you feel guilty?" I heard the driver say; and it was definitely Amelia. Rosie looked away from her and to our sister.

"Not really." Her eyes flashed to me, then back to Amelia. "He's a great fighter; he'll be in his comfort zone."

"But I feel like we're betraying him." Amelia sighed. "Taking him away from the one thing he's confident at."

"He's strong." Rosie said. "I think he'll like it."

"If you say so." She gave up. "We've been driving for nearly 8 hours and I haven't seen a Lurker."

"They stay off roads." Rosie said; obviously not knowing what she's talking about. "Okay they're pulling over, do what they are."

"What's Noah doing?" Amelia sighed, and I felt the car swerve off the road. Noah is here, which means Max is as well. Great.

"I'll wait in the car." Rosie said as I heard the door open.

"Lock it just in case." Amelia said getting out and shutting the door. I heard the doors lock, and then Rosie turned to me.

"I'm so sorry -"

"What the fuck?" I groaned sitting up.

"I know – it's bad." She stuttered.

"Bad? We're 8 hours away from Chicago! This is terrible." I said, my head thumping. "Tell everyone to get in their cars and turn back."

"You're not the mayor out here." She interrupted. "You can't tell us what to do."

"Then drop me back." I said.

"You're going to leave your own sisters to fend for themselves?" she asked. She made a puppy face, and I rolled my eyes.

"No I'm not." I sighed. "But we can't stay out here; we have no training for real life."

"That's why we're out here." She interrupted. "To get experience; to train in case something bad happens."

"But at what cost?" I asked.

"Everyone knows what they're getting themselves into." She said.

"Everyone?" I asked. "Who is everyone?"

"Amelia, me, Noah, Max, Antoinette, Jackson, Lou, Harper, Margo, Dylan and Samuel." She smiled.

"You brought 11 people?" I scoffed.

"12 when counting you." She said.

"This is so stupid." I said leaning forward onto my hands. "We're going to get killed."

"No we aren't." she sighed.

"Lurker!" Someone yelled from outside the car.

"Stay here; they don't know you're awake." Rosie said.