Chapter 3: Brightmore University

[IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN IN THIRD PERSON VIEW FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE]

The sun was starting to set and it was very dark inside the campus, now that the electricity was gone. A band of survivors managed to lock themselves up in a science laboratory room at the East Building of the large university. Dr. Ashley Montana, a famed genetic researcher, sat down on the floor along with the rest of the survivors as they gathered around a yellow emergency light that illuminated the room.

Along with her, there were five other people sitting by the light as well. There was Sophie Sears, who she always saw on television looking pretty, now looking very haggard and tired. Benjamin Lee, or Ben for short, a campus security guard who was very famous for being known as the 'Kung Fu Guard' due to his Chinese ethnicity and was also popular as one of the most friendly guards in the school. Casey West, a cheerleader and Sophie's roommate. Ray Ford, one of the campus' most famous athletes. And then there was a guy in a suit they all know as Agent Sanderson who was leaning by the wall with his left hand covering a wound he sustained earlier when the rest of Sophie's security team was wiped out in a tragic incident. 

Ashley recalled how they all thought they were safe in that safe room below the student's dormitories when Sophie's four man security detail was still complete. It was there did Sophie manage to call her father and ask for help just when one of those monsters began trying to open the door. The four agents desperately tried to shut it off but failed and a tall creature whose face was completely deformed with the eyes and nose already gone and had short worm-like tentacles sticking out of its body with blood running down from its mouth, walked into the room. The agents opened fire with their sub machine guns while Ashley and the students stood as far by the corner to avoid getting hit. The creature, however, seemed immune to the bullets and the agents ran out of ammo. The creature then began slaughtering them one by one with its immense strength. It managed to kill the head of Sophie's security detail by simply punching him in the chest where his arm pierced through. The other agents tried to kill it but failed and were killed one by one. It was Agent Sanderson who, in a sudden burst of courage tried to kill it by stabbing it in the chest, was only scratched in the stomach by the beast before Ben entered the room with his .38 revolver and shot the creature at the back of the head, killing it effectively in one shot for some reason. They then knew that the safe room was not safe and began finding a new place to hide. It was Ben who suggested that they go to the science lab at the East Building as it has metal grills on the windows and large steel cabinets they can use to barricade the doors. Everyone did so and sprinted as fast as they could, almost running towards a large horde of undead before taking a sharp turn to a seemingly unending corridor where they eventually found themselves at the dark yet empty East Building and into the science lab where they barricaded the doors with everything they could. 

An hour had passed since they moved to the lab and yet there was still no hint that someone was coming to get them out of there. Everyone was begining to lose hope as Ashley could see on the faces of her companions. 

"Sophie," Casey said. "Are you sure your dad got your message? It's taking them a long time and it's getting dark already."

"I'm sure he got it," Sophie replied. 

"But what's taking them so long?!"

"Calm down," Ashley interrupted. "We're better off if we keep quiet. Better safe than sorry. Besides, what else can we do but stay here and wait?"

"If we just sit down here and do nothing, those things will come in and kill us all." Ray said.

"He's right," Casey added. "I think we should move to another place. Somewhere safer."

"Kid," Ben said. "One of those things just managed to enter that safe room you were at earlier that I never knew existed until now. Do you really belive that there's somewhere safe?"