Chapter 5

~3 months later~
I hate California! People would think that it would be awesome to live here, it's isn't! It's so hot and I hate wearing a bathing suit. Plus everyone is so tan when I am like a ghost.

At least school is over. Is wasn't as bad as it was before, I made some friends. I actually have a group of friends that I'm always with. So, not everything is terrible.

Anyways, I found this app called vine that's getting pretty popular. I've made some videos here and there, I have a couple hundred thousand followers. That may seem like a lot but it isn't compared to other people's vines that have like 6 million. And plus I don't think I'll get there, my vines are actually pretty stupid.

I sit on my bed and turn on my phone. 1:34 pm on a Saturday, I should be at the beach or hanging with friends. Oh well.

I pulled up the vine app, looking at my notifications.

"350 notifications, nice." I smiled.

I looked at them and saw comments, follows and likes. I smile at all the nice comments.  But there were some that were like 'nice ass' and 'would bang.'

"Ugh, perverts." I sighed. I threw my phone on my bed and stood up.

My room isn't very big. Same with the house. But me and amber both have our own bathrooms! They are kind of cramped but they are still ours.

My room basically consists of a bed, a nightstand, and a closet. It isn't much but it's enough.

I look out my window and see two women walking with small weights in there hands

I look out my window and see two women walking with small weights in there hands. I look down at my stomach, feeling not very great about my body.

I've always been a little big since I was little, I've always hated it but I hated the idea of exercising even more.

"I live in California now, maybe I should get into shape." I mumble to myself. "I mean, it's something to do."

I get dressed into my Nike shirt, shorts and sneakers

I get dressed into my Nike shirt, shorts and sneakers. (I'm a little obsessed with Nike). I then throw my hair into a ponytail and grab my camelbak water bottle.

I then hop on my bike and start riding to the gym. I can't wait till I can drive! This time next year I'll be able to.

I get to the gym and park my bike. I walk inside and the smell of rubber and sweat fill my nostrils. I cough a little at the smell.

I walk to the front desk and see a buff man at the computer.

"Hi, welcome to planet fitness. May I see your member ship card?" He says.

"Actually I would like to get one." I reply.

"Of course." He says, pulling something up on his computer.

"Full name?" He asks.

"Middle name too?" I ask

"If you like." He replies.

"Vivian Louise Taylor." I say. He types things into his computer.

"Age?"

"16"

"Address?"

"24 clover avenue."

"Cell phone number?"

"764-3443"

"Email address?"

"Vivian.tay@aol.com"

"Perfect. Now there are two choices. There's the regular membership which is $10 a month and there's the black card which is $19.99 a month."

He points to a poster that shows the difference between a black card and a regular membership.

The black card has many cool benefits, but me and amber are very low on money and I don't want to waist it all.

"I'll take the regular please." I say.

"Ok, may I see your credit card please?" He asks.

I pull out ambers credit card that we share.

"Um, this says your name is amber Taylor." He says.

"Oh that's my sister, we share a credit card." I explain.

He gave me a confused look but nodded his head, not many people share a credit card.

"Alright your all set." He says. "Here's a locker key, please return it when your done and your membership card will be sent to your house in a few days." He says.

"Thank you." I reply and go back into the locker room.

I open my small locker and put in my bag with only the credit card and my phone in it. I then wrap the key string tightly around my wrist and make sure the locker is locked.

I grab my water bottle and look for a machine.

I find a machine with moving stairs. I walk over and turn it on.
_____________________________
Woah what a work out. When I was done with the stairs I went to the treadmill then the elliptical. I am so tired.

I walk over to my locker and unlock it. My bag is still there. I open up my bag to get my phone. A wave of fear went over my body. My phone was the only thing in the bag.

"No. No no no no no!" I say frantically looking in every corner of my bag. The credit card, it's gone! All the money me and amber had was on that card.

"Shit!" I yell-whispered. I wanted to cry so bad. I wanted to ball out in tears until the credit card was returned.

What was I gonna tell amber?