The Viper-Bondage

The viper represented death, opposition, challenge, and everything that Satan stood for.  It specially represented bondage also.  For instance, where did the viper fasten itself around? Paul’s hand.  Why the hand? That was the hand with which he worked; it was the hand he laid on the sick, and they got healed, etc.  That hand represented Paul’s ministry and effectiveness.  That was where the viper chose to fasten itself around, so as to bring bondage to Paul, for his hand would have been of little use to him as long as the viper had it in bondage.  How could he lay such a viper-infested hand of bondage on anyone?  Who would let him in the first place? Who wants to be bitten or to receive the spirit or venom of a viper through the laying on of such a hand?  People are seeking to be delivered from the troubles they already have, not to increase the trouble in the name of looking for a solution.  Therefore, Paul’s ministry could have been complicated and jeopardized, had the viper succeeded.

For you, your strength (or your arm) might be your business.  Your finances may have meant much to you and to God’s work.  That’s where the viper would seek to attack.  Someone else’s arm could be the family.  Then Satan would seek to bring a lot of confusion there, so as to incapacitate (if he cannot absolutely kill) the person by the infusion of his poison.  Keep your watch.  Whatever angle he comes from, shake him off into the fire.  There is a ready fire burning before you.  There is judgment already waiting for the viper. Amen.