Loving Lauren - Chapter One

LovingLauren

~West Series ~

Lauren& Chase

©2013 Jill Sanders

FollowJill online at:

http://JillSanders.com

Jillon Twitter

Jillon Facebook

Dedication

Tomy cowboy

Summary

Laurenhad been raised to not be afraid of anything, and she lived by thatcode, that is until her dad died and left everything in her hands.Now she's not only in charge of her two younger sisters, but she'srunning a full-blown Texas ranch. Caring for a thousand-acre ranchhas its ups and downs, physically, mentally, and financially. All sheis looking for is a little break. What she doesn't have time for issomeone who will only complicate her life further.

Chaseis back in his hometown. Helping his dad with his veterinary practiceis high on his list. So is being with the lovely Lauren West. Yearsago, he found a unique way to bind them together. Now all he has todo is prove to her that he's the right man to spend the rest of herlife with.

To  Purchase this Book now, visit http://Jillsanders.com

LovingLauren

by

JillSanders

Prologue

Hotwind whirled around Lauren's skirt, causing it to fly up. She laughedas she twirled around. Stopping for a second to catch her breath, shelooked over at her sisters, Alex and Haley. Alex's bright blonde headwas pointed downward as she sat in the dirt, happily making a mudpile. Haley's dark curly hair lay in the grass as she watched theclouds rush by.

Laurenlooked up at the sky and noticed that the clouds were going by veryfast. Frowning a little, she decided that dancing some more whilekeeping her eyes glued to the sky might be fun. She twirled whilewatching everything rush by her, almost causing her to tumble overand fall.

Dancingin the fields was one of her greatest joys. Even though she had tobabysit her younger sisters today, she didn't mind. For the mostpart, her sisters could entertain themselves. Lauren still had tocarry Haley sometimes when her short legs got tired. She supposedthat being four was tiring, though she couldn't remember ever beingfour. She thought she must have slept through her life until sheturned five, when her first memories happened. Haley was alwaysasleep, or lying down, like now. But Lauren was eight and she hadenough energy to shake the roof off the barn, or so her Daddy alwayssaid.

Thebreeze moved the tall grass around them, making the field look as ifit were dancing with her. She stopped to bow to her make-believedance partner, a move she'd seen late one night when she had sneakedto the edge of the stairs. Her parents had been watching an oldblack-and-white movie and she could make out the screen if she tiltedher head just right. The woman in the long white dress had bowedslowly while smiling at a tall gentlemen in a black suit and tie.They'd looked so wonderful. From that moment on, Lauren had wanted todance. Every chance she had, she'd moved around like she'd watchedthe couple do, wishing her dress was longer so it would flow like thelady's had.