War or Peace

The Ashton people had become familiar to all the local tribes. They had taught the people ways to grow food more efficiently, how to beater care for their sick or injured , and much more. They were looked up to almost like Gods because of their great knowledge

This concerned Warsa also. These were
people just as they all were no more no less. They did possess a great deal of knowledge and resource. They had machines that could get them anything they desired, even food although many of them preferred to do the work themselves,
which was honorable of them.
Warsa herself was in love with one of their machines but he seemed so much more like a human. She treated him as her equal they shared everything and preformed as one. They were very close. Still Warsa felt something was wrong. If these people stayed they would all be made slaves . They would have to live by the Ashtonion laws and would be owned by them. This did not sit well at all. They had been here 10 years. Many had come. Their numbers kept increasing. She called a meeting with all the tribes.
They meet in the forest by the lake. The Winged people , the lake people, the Earth people, the Sun people and the Blue people were all present. Warsa spoke of her concerns and fears. Some of the others had been thinking these things too. Others rejected any possibility of the Ashtonions taking over. They so appreciated the knowledge they shared they thought the exchange would be more than fair. The talks went on for days until they finally agreed that the Ashtonians must leave. They did agree that any who had taken mates amount them could keep them but all ties with Astonia must be broken. Warsa was among the delegation who would talk with Captain Teren to see what course they would take. if they had to fight it would be a difficult fight and most if not all would be lost but at least they would be free to decide their destiny
Actually Warsa daughter they could stand up to the Ashtonian's. After all they were smarter more advanced in their technologies and more equipped to win if a war started but they had to try because she could see a disaster either way.
Warsa had talks to Sam. His loyalties were with her come what may. She had never doubted him. They were lovers, friends and comrades. What would she have done without him. He was her life. No-one knew her as he did. He had told her as long as there was a breath in her body he would not leave her, and even after that. So sweet,loyal, and pure.he was the only man she had ever wanted or would want.
What Sam did not tell her was he planned to shut himself down when she died. He did not want to be without her.
When the day came to confront the Astonians, Warsa had tried to prepare herself for what ever befell them. The one outcome she did not expect as Terron stating that they would comply. If hey did not want the technology they could offer they would leave. Warsa was blown away. Terron stated the Astonians were a peaceful people and that taking life was not what they did. It almost made her reconsider but she did not want , nor did the others want to give up their own journey to enlightenment. Their own history. In some ways the Astonians would be a part of their history as they had taught them much but the were leaving with grace and dignity Jenny thought of the Egyptians and wondered if the Astonians had been there as well. She would have to check their history.
In short order the Ashtonians left in the fashion the had arrived in. There were a few more than when the came. They had learned a lot from the people of Merridian. They had learned even machines had the right to be treated with dignity. Sam choose to stay with Warsa in Merridan as did most of the ones who had taken mates.
Skyla had her procedure done and now it was known that a machine could indeed inhabit a human body and even give birth as her and Terron had had a little girl they named Merlea. The meridians would think of them as Gods in future generations. In the mean time they went back to Ashtonia to wait for the next world, or just live their lives for as long as they wanted to.!!!